GO 620 Not Synching Contacts

tigerdg
tigerdg Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
My TomTom GO 620 will not synch contacts. All the instruction manual says is that "Each time you connect your device to your phone, the contact book is updated." This is not happening. No instructions are given for manually synching. My iPhone SE is connected via MyDrive to the GO620. I can send a route from my phone to it. I turn everything off and restart, but the contacts do not transfer. I seem to recall synching them in the past, but now, the GO620 has no contacts in it whatsoever. Any ideas on what might be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks very much.

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,973
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Your places and routes are saved if you synchronize your Go 620 with Mydrive.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,447
    Exalted Pioneer
    try reset factory
  • tigerdg
    Apprentice Seeker
    I thought of that, but didn't try it because I figured it would erase all my places and routes. Is that accurate?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,973
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Your places and routes are saved if you synchronize your Go 620 with Mydrive.
  • tigerdg
    Apprentice Seeker
    Okay, thank you for your suggestion and information. I will give this a try. (I clicked the "YES" button to indicate you answered my question, but all I got was an error message.)
  • tigerdg
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, I tried the factory reset like you suggested. It improved the overall function of the GPS, shortening lag times and having it default to 3D display properly. What shows in Contacts, though, is just the recent call list (duplicate of what's on my iPhone) and frequent contacts (which is more than it did before). My old TomTom GPS would copy my address book from my phone, so I could tell it to navigate to the address of a particular entry. Does this GPS not do that? Maybe I'm expecting something it simply doesn't do.

Thanks for any help.