Copying my places

magnifico
magnifico Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
How can I copy 'My places' from my Go 5100 to my new Go Discover?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,991
    Revered Voyager
    edited December 2021
    Connect your Go Discover to Mydrive with the same credentials as your Go 5100
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,959
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @magnifico

As has been suggested if you log into the same My Drive account it will sync the same MyPlaces. (EDIT see @lochfrass post below) Note however if both units are running and logged into the same My Drive account if you are following a Route and someone sets a route on the other unit then your unit will change to the same route and you may not notice.. The resolution to this is t log out of My Drive on one or both of the units to prevent this happening and only logging in when you need to sync data.

Doug
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,057
     Superuser
    DougLap wrote: »
    Note however if both units are running and logged into the same My Drive account if you are following a Route and someone sets a route on the other unit then your unit will change to the same route and you may not notice..
    That happens not with the Discover devices.
    It happens only on the Nav4 and Prato WIFI devices. So there should be no problem with Discover and Go 5100 in terms of overlapping routes.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,959
    Superuser
    Hi @Lochfrass

How right you are. Not spotted that. Thanks

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,008
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    Well, spotted, I didn't realize the 'NAV4 & Previous Wi-Fi devices' didn't cross communicate/sync the route with the latest 'GO Discover & Expert'...
    BUT be aware....
    It seems if you plan a route using the 'Mydrive Web Route planner' or the 'Smartphone MyDrive App'....
    The route WILL cross communicate/sync the route across all of the NAV4 & Previous Wi-Fi and the latest GO Discover & Expert devices....

The fix... Logging out of MyDrive on one or more devices...
    I maintain several devices by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

Note: logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic info

Stay Safe... ATB YFM