Avoid low emission zones

Guy De Pinte
Guy De Pinte Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
I have a older car...
and I would like the option in TomTom menu: avoid low emission zones.
Such as avoiding highways...

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @Guy De Pinte

This was requested just over a year ago https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/low-emision-zones-1023421/index1.html#post1168629
    MikkoK wrote:
    A feature like this requires sufficient data in a usable form for us to be able to build a feature around it. Unfortunately, we're currently not able to provide such a feature but hopefully in (a not too distant) future we will
  • Champs_44
    Champs_44 Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    “Can’t build a feature around it “
    I find that very hard to believe. At the moment the “ Toll Road” boundary for London is the new ULEZ boundary. It used to be the current congestion boundary.

Surely you can run the two concurrent with a simple question such as
    ‘Is your vehicle exempt from the ULEZ charge’

I doubt anyone is expecting you to determine wether their vehicle is exempt.

I’m fact some vehicles are exempt from the congestion charge too. You could add a question for that also.

• Bristol_Pete1
    Bristol_Pete1 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    For me the use of TomTom vs my phone satnav is now a close run thing. What TomTom needs is to be a premium product that's worth paying for.
    As such I needs to keep up with the latest road developments, and I would have thought that having Low Emission Zones showing would be an absolute minimum for any premium product. Not having this as standard is today like not having motorways or speed cameras, almost laughable.
    Come on TomTom the 21st Century beckons you, if you don't catch up you will go the way of all dinosaurs.