TomTom Go will not start up

124»

Comments

• Kariders02_
    Kariders02_ Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    I have the same problem with IPhone 12 and 11 PRO. Every time I restart the car I have to remove the app and download it again. Sometimes the voice is gone after this ”restart”. This makes you mad and now when it’s impossible to talk to any agents who maybe could help I seriosly thinking off stopp using TomTom produkts.
    I now waiting for a new Volkswagen with inbuilt navigation. Earlier I thougt this was stupid when a portable GPS is working excellent to a much better price.
    But the lack of support when You need
    It is so frustration.
    I have had some issues earlier with my GO GPS models but You could solve my problems by phonesupport. Not anymore sadly……
    Jan
  • HMark
    HMark Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I am getting exactly the same issue described above whilst moving to iPhone 13 pro. (IOS15.1.1) Screen shows the same as above screen shot. Please advise when this will be fixed....
  • Middleman
    Middleman Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, i too have same issue as everyone else. Been using an iPhone 8 plus and just purchased a new iPhone 13Pro running latest iOS and the app won’t open on the new phone.

Come on Tom Tom, we expect better than this. We need a fix and quickly. We shouldn’t be left not being able to use your app on the latest iphone. You are going to start losing a lot of loyal customers if this isn’t resolved.
  • townfan63
    townfan63 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    This app is great when it works but you (TomTom) really need to get this sorted with the 'App Loading' problem. I've just subscribed and will give it a go but this needs sorting if I'm to continue. I work in Support and I know how frustrating it is for users/customers to not get ANY feedback on a problem. Please can you give us updates on this and let us know what is really happening?? Thank You.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,308
    Community Manager
    edited December 2021
    ... I have to remove the app and download it again.
    It should be enough to fully quit the app and restart it. Still inconvenient but that workaround should work.

• davast
    davast Registered Users Posts: 0
    Apprentice Seeker
    When opening app, just get message saying "loading app". Why, when app is already on iPhone XS and plenty of spare storage?
  • Cookie1198
    Cookie1198 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have been having the same problem (iPhone 11 on iOS 15.1) running TomTom Go Navigation app version 2.8.1
    It just will not load hanging indefinitely.
    Weirdly though if I close the app down & go to the app store, then click on open from within the app store, then the app loads up.

Don't have the same problem on other (older) iPhones running older iOS & app version.
  • Mikeyed
    Mikeyed Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have the same problem with the app not loading on a new iPhone 13 mini.
    It use to work correctly on my iPhone 12 (which recently got destroyed) & on the upgrade to iPhone 13, it can't connect with my subscription via Apple, and it 'loads' without getting anywhere... I've also tried every restart mention above but nothing works, including going back to App Store etc.
    Common someone - there must be a solution to this TomTom!!!???
  • Cookie1198
    Cookie1198 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Mikeyed,

Did you close the app down & clear from running in background before trying to open in app store?
    That's the only way I can get it to open.
  • McMiles
    McMiles Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Also the same problems with iPhone 11 Pro running 15.02. TT Go Navigation App will not loading any time. This is for weeks now and TT is doing nothing! All the other apps on my phone works fine.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited December 2021
    @PB2012
    What do you mean with both apps? Do you have access to 1.2 (585.2) Beta?
  • DocSnyder
    DocSnyder Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    edited December 2021
    I'm still able to easily reproduce the issue with iOS 15.2, even without CarPlay.
  • tini1
    tini1 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    same here, tomtom app loads with no end, presumably waiting for some download that data restrictions on my phone block that i will not open up.
    HOWEVER, this must stop such that the app runs no matter if connected or not. i have cancelled my subscription and will not renew it until i can trust that the app WORKS.
  • townfan63
    townfan63 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Still crap for me despite the iOS 15.2 upgrade. Only way I can load the app is to turn on 'Airplane Mode' on my phone, restart the app and then turn off Airplane mode once it's loaded. For god's sake TomTom, get it sorted!!!
  • Middleman
    Middleman Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    So, I had this issue and reported in this forum in this post last week. Mine now works! I updated iOS to 15.2 and then deleted and reinstalled the app. Now it opens and works fine again. Try this, I hope it works for you too. TomTom support not so good though!
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    I have merged the two threads about the app not starting.

Please be a bit more patient and hold off from reinstalling the app. We have a fix in beta so hopefully it can be rolled out soon.
  • LeonK
    LeonK Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    SabbaDNK wrote: »
    When i start the TomTom app, it just keeps loading, but nothing happens. It that a known issue?

Same here, always, every time I open the app it keeps loading. I swipe it away, closing it, open it again and it opens in a second. Always.

• Portefils77
    Portefils77 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I have the same problem and it simply isn't reliable especially considering it's a subscription app. The TomTom 'fixes' make no difference.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,956
    Superuser
    Hi @LeonK

Usually the App always opened first time on my iPhone 12 mini until recently when occasionally it now needs to be stopped and started again to load which interestingly is the same with the Hive App on my phone. This suggests it is an Apple caused issue following their recent updates which the App suppliers then need to find a solution for.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    On Saturday we have released version 2.8.2 with a fix to the startup issue. Please make sure you update your app to this version.