Maps are not detailed enough

msn
msn Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
Recently tried to go to a place I have visited in the past and the route said it would be via unpaved roads…there is a tarmac road leading to the car park which is just off a busy A road! Are the maps supplied by the app of a poor quality to the device maps? Never had this problem when I used a Tom Tom device but I have Apple play now so want to use the app….currently using the 30 day trial but unlikely to purchase if the maps are this poor

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,388
    Revered Voyager
    In the app settings checked to avoid unpaved roads maybe the app will direct you to the asphalt road.
  • msn
    Apprentice Seeker
    I did have the unpaved option checked to avoid. The message said there was no route available which avoided unpaved roads which I knew was incorrect. I checked the route on my old tomtom device and the route was via main roads..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    @msn Report in Map Share, click road, and click road option and type in comments about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Can you provide example of the start and end destination and the correct & wrong ways.
  • msn
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for your response however I have all but given up on this App…I found the navigation so poor, I got sent down a dead end but the most appalling incorrect route was when the instruction given was to go through a gate into a farmers field…. How on earth can this app be using incorrect mapping of roads that simply don’t exist? Where has TomTom obtained the information for route finding? All I can think is some users think it is funny to send incorrect map corrections, does TomTom actually verity any user map corrections?