Route bar on Android Auto

13»

Comments

• mbeck
    mbeck Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 21
    Any update from TT on this topic? We are waiting for this feature or at least any indication, that there is traffic on the route since day 1.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 563
    Revered Pioneer
    edited January 21
  • mbeck
    mbeck Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @szachowa

may you can give us any update on the enhancements TT is planing?
  • Unln
    Unln Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I drop my flag here, waiting for live traffic on android auto too :smile:
  • Sjoerd72B
    Sjoerd72B Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 21
    sooo for many years i got tomtom devices - even before hd traffic. Currently using an go 5000 and a go 5200. Since my new car support android car i was anxious to try it out. Amigos was already good so decided to get the "real thing". What a disappointment.. No sidebar.. If I was aware of that I probably kept using the 5200.. I cannot live without the sidebar. Not seeing upcoming traffic is a pain - how does tt notify that, and how can i response to it - And I also use it (heavily) to see if there is a gas-station up ahead.

Any news? Its been 1 1/2 year apparently - the thread in the link seems to be very dead as well
  • Sjoerd72B
    Sjoerd72B Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 20
    Hello - been using TT go devices since men roamed the earth (well - since the go 510) - stepped up to XL Live and now (we are) using de go 5000 and go 5200. My new car supports Android Car/Auto whatever and tried Amigos - awesome - so got the GO app and noticed no freaking sidebar... Euh.. finding this thread which is over a year old doesn't look promising.. What the hell is going on? What is the problem not having it Android Car while my phone does indeed show is just fine... Even so I tried it on my old 10" table - also no issue.. so enlighten me. please.

I took a look at the issue-tracker:
    Please note that AA car app library has its own limitations, for instance about number of allowed items in menus (check this forum, discussed many times already, reported under https://issuetracker.google.com/u/0/issues/179648622).

There is just not one single update from google about this. An other note about the menuus - i was looking for "my routes" - missing too - probably due to this limitation as well - why not nest menus (and jump to a new menu or something)

The sidebar is an must-have -
  • TaylorM
    TaylorM Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    The live traffic bar is still not working through Android auto, does anyone know when this will be fixed, as I am now forced to use another navigation app as I like to know the live traffic
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,360
    Revered Voyager
    edited January 21
  • digital3540
    digital3540 Registered Users Posts: 61
    Outstanding Explorer
    I hear all the time that the missing routebar on AA is and Google limitation. How come, that Sygic now have their "routebar" on AA ? They show to the right of the screen next Parking, Gasoline and other stuff live on the screen, with live distance to ie. the Gasoline station. They can also interact on the screen with zoom and move. Are they using another API for the Android Auto ? or is TT just behind ??
  • jacare60
    jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited February 4
    Maybe TT is just fixing bugs and not developing the app, since I bought the license, I haven't seen any feature additions. Perhaps the best would be to use the AmiGO interface on TTGO being able to save maps offline.
  • Frup
    Frup Registered Users Posts: 27
    Prominent Wayfarer
    edited February 4
    The same for route options. Example: toggle ‘avoid toll routes’. Would be very handy in France or Austria. Sygic has it in AA.
    In my opinion these are basic functionalities. TT is not a new product on the market after all.
    I still count on TT fixing these functionalities. Otherwise I consider moving to Sygic next renewal.
  • wurfus
    wurfus Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Are they working on it? I can't find much information. my subscription ends in two months and if they don't add the bar in android auto I'm thinking of canceling it.
  • Jastewart1959
    Jastewart1959 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Is there anything new on adding route bar on the Android Auto app? I noticed posts dating back to May 2021 and stopping in February 2022. Nothing new after that! There were texts that mentioned a work around for a Google limitation.
    It would be great if we could get an update or an estimated time for delivery.
  • doctormstein1
    doctormstein1 Registered Users Posts: 148
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited April 14
    Would love to see the route traffic bar in android auto. Is there any idea as to when it will be in place?
  • GV_456
    GV_456 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    I am also waiting for the route bar to be implemented. As of May 2021, TomTom says they are working on it. But I don't see much change with an update. Can someone from TomTom give an update. This will be appreciated a lot.
  • Rs53
    Rs53 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    In The Netherlands we have an App called Flitsmeister (navigation and speed camera's). This app is available in Android Auto since google allowed external apps as well. Since this week Flitsmeister updated their Beta app and guess what? They have now a traffic/route bar. How is it possible that Tomtom is still not progressing on this as this is the most requested feature for their app?? TomTom is much bigger than Flitsmeister, so where are your priorities? Dont come up with an excuse of Google rules etc.. other apps already have it! Both Flitsmeister as TomTom are Dutch companies. Please look at your competitors.
  • Caherconree
    Caherconree Registered Users Posts: 46
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Yep, worthless without the route bar. I have taken to occasionally using my 6500 even though I have a huge infotainment screen.
  • Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 37
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Rs53 wrote: »
    In The Netherlands we have an App called Flitsmeister (navigation and speed camera's). This app is available in Android Auto since google allowed external apps as well. Since this week Flitsmeister updated their Beta app and guess what? They have now a traffic/route bar. How is it possible that Tomtom is still not progressing on this as this is the most requested feature for their app?? TomTom is much bigger than Flitsmeister, so where are your priorities? Dont come up with an excuse of Google rules etc.. other apps already have it! Both Flitsmeister as TomTom are Dutch companies. Please look at your competitors.

Attached a photo of the sidebar. In the case of Flitsmeister it shows upcoming incidents, traffic, speed camera's etc. Should work for gas stations etc as well, right?

jv5fduzguqfs.jpg
  • Rs53
    Rs53 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Brainsie wrote: »
    Rs53 wrote: »

Attached a photo of the sidebar. In the case of Flitsmeister it shows upcoming incidents, traffic, speed camera's etc. Should work for gas stations etc as well, right?

jv5fduzguqfs.jpg

Exactly, thanks for showing. I wonder why TomTom is still not having this..

Honestly I had a subscription but cancelled it due to lack of traffic bar and therefor did not see any advantage compared to Waze. Does anyone know how quick the maps are updated for new turns, street closures, traffic work etc? Seems like Waze is always up to date due to active community. TomTom seems to update new situations after weeks or months instead of instantly..
  • FM1405
    FM1405 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    Latest beta version 3.5.0 has now route bar in Android auto.
  • Caherconree
    Caherconree Registered Users Posts: 46
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Ooh have to check that out on my next trip. Might ditch Google maps then.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hello,

The route bar in Android Auto is now available with the beta version 3.5.0! I've added the link to announcement which also has the steps to join the beta program in case you're interested to try this!

Best, lampard
This discussion has been closed.