TomTom Go 6200 wifi constantly rebooting after route is found

DJIRL
DJIRL Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
I have a 6200. When the route is found within the next minute the GPS will reboot. It will not do this again unless you change the journey - add or change a stop/destination and the same thing happens. There's no problem with the battery. A factory reset hasn't fixed the problem nor deleting and restoring the main map nor a soft reset. How do I sort out this VERY annoying problem. My last device did the exact same thing (6100) and went in the bin!
Tagged:

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,995
    Revered Voyager
    Disable Mydrive on your device.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,012
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @DJIRL
    Welcome to the site....
    Users have reported that logging out of MyDrive on the device is beneficial....
    On the NAV4 devices, Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive....
    I have multiple Tomtom devices, so I have always logged out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the devices by default (So I can't comment if it's beneficial or not) ???
    Logging out of MyDrive fix for Multiple device using one Account
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725859/#Comment_1725859
    Just a word of caution if you use the MyDrive Web Route planner or the MyDrive App for Route planning, if you Disable Mydrive synchronization on the device then, any .GPX, .ITN routes or MyPlaces created using the above Tomtom Route planners will not sync to your TomTom device, the simple answer is to Log in to MyDrive on your device when you need to sync data across then log out of MyDrive again....

I guess the fewer Data Connections in use on the device, at any one time, the less load on system resources ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM