TomTom Go 6200 - 'My Vehicle' option??

Mooffie
Mooffie Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi! I have a TomTom Go 6200, which I am mostly pretty happy with.

Now that I have a 7.4m motorhome, I find that maybe I am a little less trusting than I was when I had a car. I see from some responses that there could be a 'My Vehicle' type option, but I can't find it on my unit. I have the details (length, axle weights etc) set in MyDrive on my phone, but the routes seem to be ignored when I send the destination/stops to my unit. Can anyone point me at where I would find it??

If I have to I'll look at upgrading, but I'd prefer not to, esp when the base unit wasn't cheap in the first place!

Best Answer

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,458
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    Normally it is on the Europe Camper card that the option my vehicle is available
    select the Europe Camper card on the site then enter the serial number of your device to see if it is compatible.
  • Mooffie
    Apprentice Traveler
    @Willy875 - well, it's compatible, and allowed me to buy the update. However, still not seeing 'my vehicle' anywhere, altho, I am just doing another update/restart to double check. Thanks for the (fingers crossed) way forward.

As a side comment, flippin' annoying that when you want help on how to install something, it brings you to this forum, where (with the greatest respect) the majority of comments/questions are about where something doesn't work, rather than how to actually install.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Mooffie
    Vikram is one of the Forum Moderators....
    The quote below is from here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1723215/#Comment_1723215
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All
    The Camper map is not compatible if you have a standard car navigation device. The webshop has a glitch because both models have serial numbers starting with 'ZA'.
    I think the software on a standard car navigation device may not be able to plan routes with the same accuracy as on a Camper model.

You might be able to install the map, but we have seen reports where the device loses vehicle profiles, and some other issues etc.

Thanks, Vikram
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Mooffie
    Apprentice Traveler
    @YamFazMan - aha! I'll see if I can get them to remove it then! Mad tho, when I guess it's not hardware related. Oh well, maybe I will have to invest. booo.... Thanks for the info!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Mooffie
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,458
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    On the Nav3 the presence of the Camper card on the device automatically activated the options of the Camper weird that this is not possible for the Nav4 / 5 .