Moving Lane Guidance / motorways exit previews

MSP60
MSP60 Registered Users Posts: 14
Legendary Explorer
I notice that in apple carplay (have not checked with the iphone unconnected) I get no moving lane guidance / motorway exit previews. I am driving a Mercedes c180 2019 with Comand system. I did get this lane guidance view with my previous android phone through android auto. All the options in the appearance section of settings are “on” . Any suggestions?

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @MSP60

Just to be clear, is this happening always? I know it's difficult but can you check if the MLG displayed on the phone at the same junction where CarPlay doesn't show.

There's an internal ticket for Moving Lane Guidance not always displaying on CarPlay compared to on the phone.

Best, lampard
  • MSP60
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi Lampard,

I will try as suggested and share the results.

The complete story is a little longer than the original question. I started using a trail version of TT on my work iPhone 8. This because I was contemplating a switch of my private mobile phone from Android to IOS. The first time I used it - and noticed the absence of MLG - was on a 2,5 hour trip back home using multiple connecting highways. On the Android Phone I was used to getting MLG on the same route. I supposed then it might have something to do with the older iPhone I was using for the test. Recently I started using mij new iPhone 13 pro. Unfortunately again no MLG. Hence my question. Looking at my situation at this moment I get the feeling that there is a limitation somewhere in the Carplay protocol from my Mercedes that limits the TT app communication. Other apps work fine with Carplay. TT also works fine except for MLG .

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @MSP60

Thank you for explaining this in detail. I'll add this information to the ticket,

Best, lampard
  • MSP60
    Legendary Explorer
    Today I did an extra check. Passing a larger intersection no MLG when connected to CarPlay. On the return trip with the phone disconnected (cable removed that attaches to the car, not sure about Bluetooth) MLG worked perfect at the same intersection on the phone itself.
  • MSP60
    Legendary Explorer
    Problem looks to have been solved with latest update.
  • MSP60
    Legendary Explorer
    Update on my previous comment. The MLG views appear but sometimes just only like a flash. You see it coming and immediately disappearing again. I can not identify a pattern. Just now I made a detour that gave me three consecutive exits. Twice the image of an exit just flashed by in a split second. The last exit stayed in view like it is supposed to do.
  • MSP60
    Legendary Explorer
    MLG is now consistent, but only if you plan a route with CarPlay connection active to the phone. If you plan a route and start TT route before connecting to CarPlay, MLG views will not work. I noticed this after taking a stop halfway and reconnecting after a couple of minutes. TR will continue the route but no MLG. After stopping the route and using the point of destination again, MLG works flawless again.
  • Eldewy
    Eldewy Registered Users Posts: 36
    Renowned Trailblazer
    2kjhcsaiue9y.jpeg
    You have to disable the setting in the photo if you are using 2D navigation view. Otherwise you will have that issue when it will show up for a couple of seconds and disappear.

If you use 3D mode Navigation, you will need to have it on to avoid the issue.