wgh0_3 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Go5000 says connected but no response when I try to update

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    edited November 2021
    Hi @wgh0_3
    Welcome to the community! Could you check if MyDrive Connect has access permissions through your firewall and also the antivirus software on your computer allows downloads through it.

Regards, Vikram
  • wgh0_3
    wgh0_3 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    firewall switched off
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,975
    Revered Voyager
    Can you remove Mydrive connect on your computer then reinstall it.
  • SpikeyMikey58
    SpikeyMikey58 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, I have a similar problem with my Go6000. I'm on a Mac and use Norton Security. My device has only 12MB free space but there is a formatted 16GB SD card installed. The speed camera and map updates installed with no problem but upgrading the Europe map with UK and Ireland buildings results in MyDrive saying "Updating Device" and my TT saying "Connected" but nothing happens. I have left it overnight and tinkered with NS Firewall and AV settings, rebooted Mac, rebooted TT, cleared cache and downloads several times in different combinations.

I'm at my wits end, any advice please?
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 544
     Superuser
    Hi there @SpikeyMikey58 -

Just recently, I had been having some issues with downloading and installing updates to my GO 5100 - possibly due to an earlier MacOS version and/or my combined internet security system.
    After further investigation, the issue has now been resolved.
    Once logged into MyDrive Connect on the PC and the TomTom connected, top right of the screen is the cogwheel (settings). Click this then under the DOWNLOADS tab, untick the “Download updates on my computer” (recommended) and also make sure that the box lower down is ticked “Prevent computer from turning itself off while downloading”. Then at the bottom right, click the “Save settings” tab.
    Hope this helps.
  • SpikeyMikey58
    SpikeyMikey58 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited November 2021
    Thanks kieron

That's how my settings were before I changed to download to the computer, the same happened then but I've changed back to your suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes