No Map after update

MyNameAllreadyExists
MyNameAllreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 133
Exalted Navigator
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi, I have just updated with new Map for Europe and Venezuela. I download Europe first then Venezuela. Then a traffic update. Now there is no map showing. The Europe map has downloaded. It shows in MyDrive. There are icons showing. No recent places. The screen is white with the blue save places. I have restarted TomTom to no effect. This is the first time I have had a problem with TomTom! Would glad for any help.

PS: It appeared on My Drive that Venezuela was installed on card and on main drive. I (Thought I had) uninstalled Venezuela but it has not made any difference. I am trying again but it is taking a long time!

PPS: Could not uninstall Venezuela. Prompted to upload logs, which I think I have done!

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,959
     Superuser
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @MyNameAllreadyExists
    Check which map is the active Map....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Current Map... If it's the Venezuela map... On the 2D Planning screen, pinch zoom OUT to World view, see if the Venezuela map is displaying ???

If the Europe Map installed, you should be able to
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Choose another map --> Select Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,900
    Revered Voyager
    Hi,
    Try to reset the device to factory defaults.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,959
     Superuser
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @MyNameAllreadyExists
    Check which map is the active Map....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Current Map... If it's the Venezuela map... On the 2D Planning screen, pinch zoom OUT to World view, see if the Venezuela map is displaying ???

If the Europe Map installed, you should be able to
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Choose another map --> Select Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MyNameAllreadyExists
    Exalted Navigator
    @YamFazMan Many thanks. The Europe is now showing (after following instruction). The Venezuela map does not appear to be installed (I did uninstall it). I cannot at the moment access My Drive. It keeps showing no internet connection. It does seem to want to stop trying to connect. At least I appear to be good to go with the European map. Once again many thanks.
  • MyNameAllreadyExists
    Exalted Navigator
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Try to reset the device to factory defaults.

Thanks, I did not post back because I was waiting until Monday to bump up my question. Thanks anyhow.