Misleading sales info

ozind
ozind Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Purchased Go Supreme as it offered free updates but upon switching on asked to activate and then asked for payment for speed cameras which stated as being free, now about to go to ACC and Consumer as their phone numbers are bloody disconnected.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,908
    Revered Voyager
    There may be small bugs when starting a GPS come back tomorrow the moderator @vikramk will look at your account and your services activities.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,966
     Superuser
    Hi
    @ozind
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,024
    Hi @ozind

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • ozind
    Apprentice Seeker
    Still asking for payment for speed cameras and updates
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,945
    Superuser
    Hi @ozind

When you first turned the unit on after purchase and you had gone through the Initial Setup procedure were you offered any updates and did you activate any of them. If you are ever offered any updates you should do them one at a time and any Operating System updates must be done first.?

The problem is the unit has not set up correctly on the TT servers and @VikramK has asked his colleagues to sort that out. Can you try the Reset again to see if that sorts it now. Once it is sorted the promised services will be available.

If a further Reset does not do it then I would do the following.

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset device

This performs a factory reset which , whilst it will not affect any Map updates or Operating version updates that may have been done it means that you will have to go through the initial set up again which hopefully will sort it.

Let us know how you get on in the mean time where are you seeing the payment requests .

Doug
  • ozind
    Apprentice Seeker
    FYI this is my fourth tom-tom and yes the the is still asking for payment to activate speed cameras and it still take me to UK site and when I chanse to Australia it tries to sell me a new unit does not show my unit straight away and I have to restart the my drive two of three times before I am taken to Australian site.