VIA 1525TM with lifetime maps - "Map subscription expired"

chrisguochun
chrisguochun Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
I have a GPS VIA 1525 with lifetime Maps and lifetime Traffic. However, when I connect it for update through MyDrive Connect, it says "Map subscription expired". In addition, no traffic information at all. Both were OK for quite few years.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    @chrisguochun
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • chrisguochun
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you YamFazMan.
  • chrisguochun
    Apprentice Seeker
    It works! - Thank you Lampard.
  • chrisguochun
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, the lifetime map has been fixed. However, still no lifetime traffic. Please have a look at this. Thanks.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    @chrisguochun
    Hi

No lifetime traffic on the VIA 1525TM

On the VIA 1525TM traffic is transmitted via an Rds Tmc Receiver cable using the FM radio band
    it may be that there is no more radio which broadcasts traffic information?
  • chrisguochun
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Willy875. On the box it says "car charger with integrated traffic receiver...Lifetime TomTom Services: Receive TomTom Traffic and 4 updates a year for any installed map at no extra cost.."
  • chrisguochun
    Apprentice Seeker
    It worked for a long time after I bought it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    It is not Tomtom which provides the traffic via the traffic receiver but the radio stations
    it could also be that your traffic receiver is down?

For lifetime card updates it is only for the card installed when purchasing the device
    if you want a card from another region you have to buy it.
  • chrisguochun
    Apprentice Seeker
    I still live the same place and didn't change anything on the device. It says "RDS TMC receiver connected" when I power on the GPS, so the traffic receiver is fine. Is it possible some subscription which works with receiver and map is missing? Thanks.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    As already said it is the radios which give the traffic info via the receiver
    so if no radio gives the info you would not receive any info on your GPS.

Find out from the radio stations near you if they always give traffic information?