why can't i change my email address in my profile?

eyeboy
eyeboy Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
i tried changing it several times but it reverts to the old one, also i submitted a support request and it used the old email address, but then responded 'we will be unable to reply because there is no profile associated with this email address.' please tell me how i fix this
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• samysam
    samysam Registered Users Posts: 7
    New Seeker
    The comments are from 2019. That's ridiculous since they never fixed the problem. I just tried several times to change my email and it just keeps reverting back to the old one. I'm finding out how TomTom sucks now that I have a problem. No where is there a phone number listed for customer support. Everything reverts back to this forum which isn't very customer friendly. We should be able to call someone when things don't work the way they should.
  • samysam
    samysam Registered Users Posts: 7
    New Seeker
    I have the same problem. I tried changing my email and it won't change it. I'm starting to realize that TomTom sucks. How come I had to accidently find this page to find a phone number for TomTom. Why is it not under the "Contact" link? I don't know if the phone number will be good either since I can't call till 9am.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @samysam

I would suggest that the email address is not changeable because that is what you use to log into your account/the forum. Hence the need to contact Customer Support to seek their help in changing.

There have been no phone lines to customer support since the start of the covid crisis. Try the following to contact Chat , not the chat bot, where you will be in contact with an individual during normal working hours Mon/Fri..

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and at the bottom is a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message however I would suggest Chat is your best option.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

I have just logged into Tomtom Canada and have been offered Email as Chat is currently closed using the above method

Doug