New main roan not on map after over a year!!!! (A14) — TomTom Discussions

New main roan not on map after over a year!!!! (A14)

JTrenchard
JTrenchard Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
Every time I visit East Anglia from Leicestershire Vi M1 - A15 I have been driving across fields on the TOMTOM (START52) for over a year - I think it is about 2 years now at least. Fileds - not just for a few metres, but for miles and miles - this is how significant the new stretch of teh A14 is.

HOW can this not be reflected on the maps I pay for (and yes I update before every journey there because as you might be able to tell it IRRITATES ME.... GAAAHHHH!)

Don't blame the delay on 'community map updates'. It is not up to us to provide the updates. Roads are planned built and opened - it is a matter of public record and it is TOMTOMS business to apply these new changes getting the information not from users, but proper sources - why has this not happened???

I have been a TOMTOM user for 20-25 years, and have been happy with their products until lately.

This is not good enough.

BIG FAIL.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,387
    Superuser
    Hi @JTrenchard

The new A14, ie joins the A1 further south than it used too, is on the latest map version 10.75. What map are you using.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,484
    Superuser
    edited October 2021
    Hi
    @JTrenchard
    Further to Doug's post....
    To check if your map was the latest v 10.75 ???
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About...
    Scroll down to Installed Maps.....
    My GO Premium routes me along the A14, OK....
    s32jg96szhnc.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 240
    Renowned Trailblazer
    JTrenchard wrote: »
    Every time I visit East Anglia from Leicestershire Vi M1 - A15 I have been driving across fields on the TOMTOM (START52) for over a year - I think it is about 2 years now at least. Fileds - not just for a few metres, but for miles and miles - this is how significant the new stretch of teh A14 is.

HOW can this not be reflected on the maps I pay for (and yes I update before every journey there because as you might be able to tell it IRRITATES ME.... GAAAHHHH!)

Don't blame the delay on 'community map updates'. It is not up to us to provide the updates. Roads are planned built and opened - it is a matter of public record and it is TOMTOMS business to apply these new changes getting the information not from users, but proper sources - why has this not happened???

I have been a TOMTOM user for 20-25 years, and have been happy with their products until lately.

This is not good enough.

BIG FAIL.

It looks okay on the MyDrive

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=routes+viewport=43.33899,21.73962,9.3,0,-0+routes={"departure":true,"traffic":true,"routeType":"FASTEST","travelMode":"CAR","points":["hw~-27.11389,28.30129~P~East Anglia","hw~52.63486,-1.12906~A~Leicestershire ENG, GBR"],"avoidCriteria":[]}+ver=3

Can you confirm, have you tried suggesting this map change in the map reporter?

I am not a local, so I am not sure how roads are in Map reporter.

Just put in "other" report and send a link, the image of missing roads from google. Also the link I refer to the government resource on this map change.

Thanks,

Shawn
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,484
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Shawnloveshorses_161
    There was a problem with the A14 routing around map version 10,50
    As far as I'm aware, the A14 mapping problems were fixed ages ago... I think the original poster was using a outdated map and this caused the error, but he/she did not reply to confirm the map version in use when this more resent problem arose.....

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 240
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @YamFazMan I see, thanks for clarifying.

have a great day!

Shawn