Voice bad radar speed indication (mapshare radar OK) — TomTom Discussions

Voice bad radar speed indication (mapshare radar OK)

Narmonono
Narmonono Registered Users Posts: 180
Supreme Navigator
Hello moderators.

I just saw a problem with a radar or rather a danger zone (France).
Here are the GPS coordinates which are right next to the radar (47.600960, 6.855469).
After checking on mapshare, the radar is clearly indicated with a speed of 110 km / h which is correct.
I had this problem of poor indication by the voice of the speed because as we are in France, it is an entire zone that is declared and when we enter the motorway, we first drive at a speed authorized lower than that of the highway.
As I think that the voice indication of the speed of the radar is done when entering the zone, the speed given orally is that of the beginning of the zone and not that of the radar!
In hindsight, I have encountered this problem in other places before when the speed of the start of the zone does not match the speed of the radar.

Is there a way for the voice announcement of the speed to be linked to the speed of the radar and not to the area just as it is done with the distance before arriving on the radar?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Good day

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,761
    Thanks, @Narmonono ! I'll send this to my team.

Best, lampard
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    👍
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,089
    Superuser
    @Narmonono
    I live in France, and by definition, it is a "danger zone", not just for speed cameras. Also by law, your device cannot give the exact location, so TomTom supply a notification at a random distance from the zone centre.
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    Niall wrote: »
    @Narmonono
    I live in France, and by definition, it is a "danger zone", not just for speed cameras. Also by law, your device cannot give the exact location, so TomTom supply a notification at a random distance from the zone centre.

This is true, but when the radar is on the freeway and not on the driveways, it still makes more sense that the speed indication corresponds to the speed of the freeway and not to the lane acceleration that cannot be considered to be a danger zone or else there is a big safety concern!
  • Niall
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    @Narmonono
    That particular camera is monitoring the merger of two slip roads here 0q1bzzb1cgdt.png
    where the speed limit is 50Kph

Further back is this
    rboqqbqj3mc9.png

Where the N19 has a limit of 90Kph and the first part of the slip is 70Kph but soon drops down to 50Kph
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    edited November 2021
    The place which is on the 2 photos is close to the radar zone and / or the access road to the freeway I am talking about but it is not the right place at all.
    The road that we see in the photos is not at all affected by a radar zone.
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    @lampard
    It might be a good idea for our danger zones if when in the zone the speed changes, a voice indication also informs us!
  • Niall
    Superuser
    Sorry you mean this one on the A36
    arfmffgybebn.png

From http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_Speed_Cameras_App/refman/TomTom-Speed-Cameras-Danger Zones-RG-en-gb.pdf
    Danger and risk zones may or may not contain one or more speed cameras or a range of other driving hazards:
    •  Specific locations are not available and a danger zone icon is shown instead as you approach the zone.
    •  The minimum length of the zone depends on the road type and is 300 m for roads in built-up areas, 2000 m (2 km) for secondary roads and 4000 m (4 km) for motorways.
    •  The location of one or more speed cameras, if any, can be at any point within the zone.
    •  If two danger zones are close to each other, the warnings can be merged into a single longer zone.

• Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    edited November 2021
    Yes.
    But I think that the announcements can be improved despite the fact of the zones while remaining within the regulations.
  • Narmonono
    Supreme Navigator
    Hello moderators,
    I came back to this post to know if you had an opinion on my remark.
    Good day