All but one street missing from a town in the street listing.

John10160
John10160 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited September 2021 in Map quality
Problem: Only one street shows up in the street listing when trying to drive to an address. The map displays correctly though. I have reset the device and this didn't correct problem. It is impossible to report the problem as TomTom support doesn't have a way to do it through its mess of bots.

City: Woodland Park, CO, USA, 80863. The only streets that come up when putting in an address are:
Grand Canyon Ct, Grand Canyon St, Yellowstone Cir, and Glacier Ct, when putting in "Chester Ave. The street listing seems corrupted. The map displays fine and I can mark the current location fine. I just cannot drive to an address in this town. I now live here so this is a problem.

How do I go about getting this corrected?

TomTom Go 620, 'United States' v1075.11010 (Released 07/2021), 20.102.0003.411 (0) (02/18/2021)

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,998
     Superuser
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @John10160
    welcome to the site...
    I always use the superior Quick Search....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode... Select the far superior 'Quick search' option...

Using Quick Search, GO Premium
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search....
    Type... Chester Avenue Woodland Park CO 80863
    The device offers....
    5a7vetayil7t.jpg
    Tap on the offered address...
    The device offers....
    78kmrnhsl05r.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @John10160
    John10160 wrote: »
    (Snip) But that still leaves a flaw in the programming for the step by step algorithm....
    Wish I had read your reply earlier, as it would have saved me a lot of hassle looking for a specific address in my mountain town. Thanks a million!!!!
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Yes this is a long-standing problem....
    Here in the UK, the Postcode code search bug when using the latest Start devices is a real pain
    Any search for a Postcode... You have to enter a road/street name to execute a search ??? Why....
    If you know the road/street name and a house number, you don't need the Postcode... On the previous NAV2 & NAV3 devices, you only needed to enter the Postcode and simply press 'Enter' on the keyboard to execute the search....
    Most people use a Postcode because they don't know the road/street name and house number
    Isolated farms, Single building, Office blocks, Retail parks, Hospitals, New builds etc...
    For me it renders the latest Start device useless in the UK

It's only the latest Start 42/52/62 Range in the UK that has this particular Step by Step search engine as the >> ONLY << search option... The Via and GO Range have both the "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode
    (1).... Quick Search (Default & Best)
    (2)... Step by Step

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    dxzzqy8crj9f.png
  • John10160
    Apprentice Traveler
    You didn't read my question. Yes, the map shows up fine. If you enter an address it will not display, if it finds the address it will direct to Fort Collins, Colorado, hundreds of miles north. But most of the addresses it says unknown.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 424
    Supreme Pioneer
    @John10160

It appears you may be using the "Step by Step "Search method which I have read on other devices can give issues. Try changing your device system setting to "Quick Search" to see if that improves matters.

FYI I have a Go Discover with USA maps loaded and I can find Chester Avenue and plot a route within the town to it. But as we know Tomtom maintains different maps for different devices!!!

If you have done a reset ( Drum Roll then Factory reset backing up the device first) then you will have to contact the Tomtom Customer Care Team for advice which can be an absolute nightmare........

Using my normal Chrome browser it often would bounce me back to the forum but I have found that by using an "Incognito Window with Google Chrome" this allows me to sign in and make contact ( Button marked Contact Us can require you to sign in Again!......).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited October 2021
    Edit;

That's the wrong link, it would be best to find a offical pdf of the address in the city then send it to them

Then ask them to add it, :)

Shawn
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @John10160
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @John10160
    welcome to the site...
    I always use the superior Quick Search....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode... Select the far superior 'Quick search' option...

Using Quick Search, GO Premium
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search....
    Type... Chester Avenue Woodland Park CO 80863
    The device offers....
    5a7vetayil7t.jpg
    Tap on the offered address...
    The device offers....
    78kmrnhsl05r.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,955
    Superuser
    Hi @John10160

I have tried this on the Go Camper unit and come up with the same answer as @YamFazMan

Using the Quick Search option I firstly type in Woodland Park 80863.
    Next Tapped Woodland Park (Crystola, Divide),CO
    If I then type Ches then Chester Ave is offered.

Doug
  • John10160
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited November 2021
    Thanks to all who suggested the Quick Search option as that worked, especially YasFamMan, that was a perfectly written response to my question!

But that still leaves a flaw in the programming for the step by step algorithm.

Wish I had read your reply earlier as it would have saved me a lot of hassle looking for a specific address in my mountain town. Thanks a million!!!!!

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @John10160 Does it show on the Map Reporter, it would be good to report that issue you have. So others can have an ease of mind.

Thanks again for helping build a better TomTom Maps for everyone :)
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @John10160
    John10160 wrote: »
    (Snip) But that still leaves a flaw in the programming for the step by step algorithm....
    Wish I had read your reply earlier, as it would have saved me a lot of hassle looking for a specific address in my mountain town. Thanks a million!!!!
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Yes this is a long-standing problem....
    Here in the UK, the Postcode code search bug when using the latest Start devices is a real pain
    Any search for a Postcode... You have to enter a road/street name to execute a search ??? Why....
    If you know the road/street name and a house number, you don't need the Postcode... On the previous NAV2 & NAV3 devices, you only needed to enter the Postcode and simply press 'Enter' on the keyboard to execute the search....
    Most people use a Postcode because they don't know the road/street name and house number
    Isolated farms, Single building, Office blocks, Retail parks, Hospitals, New builds etc...
    For me it renders the latest Start device useless in the UK

It's only the latest Start 42/52/62 Range in the UK that has this particular Step by Step search engine as the >> ONLY << search option... The Via and GO Range have both the "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode
    (1).... Quick Search (Default & Best)
    (2)... Step by Step

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    I would agree with YamFaxMan's response, in Canada a postal code can be a few different addresses actually.

Great you got it worked out,