GO 5200 Traffic not working - GPRS disconnected

oldfern
oldfern Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Intermittent traffic service, but recently none at all. Escalated up through support to higher level. Their solution is to charge me 105 euros for repair because they believe there is a fault with the SIM card.
I won't be taking up the offer.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,008
    Hi @oldfern

Welcome to the Community! I checked the device details and it seems there's no data connection for 8 days, most probably the SIM card dislodged from the device SIM's slot. Hence, support advised the repair to check this and unfortunately, the device is OOW. If you don't need the Traffic Services, you can continue to use your device to navigate.

Best, lampard
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,020
     Superuser
    edited October 2021
    Hi
    @oldfern
    Welcome to the site.....
    Warning... The following will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the of following is at your own risk/discretion

As your device is Out Of Warrantee...
    Maybe useful...
    The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & the latest Wi-Fi Connected devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    For More Info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1743932/#Comment_1743932

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • oldfern
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks YAmFazMan. I will try your suggestion. It seems like a very sensible explanation
  • oldfern
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Lampard. Your explanation makes sense, but 105 euros seems an excessive amount to check a SIM card, or even replace a SIM card. Why do TomTom hide them away and not make them easier to check or replace if such connection problems are likely to occur.