Low emission zones LEZ

2»

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Bambi79

Welcome to the community! Having a reliable source of information for emission zones and integrating them into our maps or over-the-air services looks like a complex process. I will log this as a request to be passed on to the concerned team.

Usually, Low Emission Zones are in the city center so if it can be of any help, I would suggest avoiding the city centers.

Best, lampard
  • Bambi79
    Bambi79 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited December 2021
    As a site moderator I would have appreciated it much more if you could have researched before you answered showing that you care. London ULEZ has been extended well outside of the city centre, thats why you have posts from others on here from back in August and September raising it trying to get someones attention on here to fix it. Telling me to avoid the city centre is not as about supportive as a punch in the face.
  • madaxemarek
    madaxemarek Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited December 2021
    I also have the issue and a week later inspite of updating it is still taking me through a chargeable zone, its appalling, I spent £450 on my device, the expansion of the ulez has been on the cards for years now.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Bambi79

Welcome to the community! Having a reliable source of information for emission zones and integrating them into our maps or over-the-air services looks like a complex process. I will log this as a request to be passed on to the concerned team.

Usually, Low Emission Zones are in the city center so if it can be of any help, I would suggest avoiding the city centers.

Best, lampard

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-where-and-when?intcmp=52227

Cities do have API's or maps of the ULEZ,
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    I think TomTom needs to work with the tfl to implement up to date maps of these zones and that will take time. As there are only pictured maps right now
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    @VikramK Hi VikramK, could you kindly raise this feature request to the team as this is very important for UK drivers.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    I don't really think it is a TomTom issue, it is a building up a relationship with the TFL to implement up to date maps and get everything working.

They could be working on something right now in the behind the scenes.

Thanks

Shawn
  • kedi7uk
    kedi7uk Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited December 2021
    The app took me through the Blackwall Tunnel today - turns out that's in the ULEZ and I didn't have a clue till someone told me -

I'd love this to be added to the 'tolls' - The app does adjust for the congestion charge so in theory it shouldn't take too much to adapt that for ULEZ especially as the ULEZ charge applies 24/7 unlike Congestion Charge.
    Or does it need a separate option because newer cars aren't charged.

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    @kedi7uk I don't think the app supports ULEZ yet, please keep up to date with EULZ through your public authority for now.

Yes, it should be considered as a toll though they have to implement this into the maps and what I can tell it is just pictures with the roads. So, it would have been manual work to get this fixed. hope it is soon.

https://www.ulezchecker.com/ulez-zone-map-london/

Thanks,

Shawn
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    @lampard Kindly check for us if there is any update for ELUZ implementation into maps?

Update, huh?? 157eb406-7361-4aee-9fc0-f9d62c4cb124 this is already fixed, when this get implemented into maps?
  • Scrag
    Scrag Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Last weekend I almost got caught by the Birmingham Low Emissions Zone (more accurately should be called the "more emissions but in another part of town zone").

I was happily following my new Tomtom eco-route from the M42 towards Worcester (skirting Birmingham) until I noticed that it was taking me straight into the Birmingham money-spinner!

I managed to detour around the centre, but felt that the TomTom should have warned me about these toll-roads (as that is clearly what they are). It simply is NOT eco when emission charges are added onto the route costs.

I checked on my CoPilot app which I have on my phone (but don't normally use as I don't have a data-contract) and this clearly showed the Low Emission Zones and provides an "avoid" option at routing level.

Surely TomTom should be able to provide this feature which their competitors have been giving as standard for ages?
  • WouterBelgium
    WouterBelgium Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    edited December 2021
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Bambi79

Best, lampard

Hi @Lampard,

Is TomTom working on the LEZ feature (where you e.g. can configure what vehicle type, fuel, and norm you are driving with to avoid LEZ zones where you are not allowed in)?

When is it planned for this feature to become available?

Lots of people are waiting on this... and WILL look at different options outside of TomTom if there is no clear communication on this...
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi, believe TomTom is working on it as according to my request a few months ago has the comment it is already ELZ on this road, maybe just need to implement how it will work on the app next. :)
  • UpdateULEZFFS
    UpdateULEZFFS Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Almost March and still no apparent movement from TomTom on ULEZ in London. Time to dump TomTom and use Waze until TomTom begins to actually value its loyal customers?
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Almost March and still no apparent movement from TomTom on ULEZ in London. Time to dump TomTom and use Waze until TomTom begins to actually value its loyal customers?

Hi :)

The last time I have send feedback about this on the mapshare, the team replied that they have applied the ULEZ zones to the maps though it may take some time to program the app to understand how to go around the zones and so on..

@lampard & @VikramK is there any news on this?

Thanks
  • Cool-Surf
    Cool-Surf Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Any update guys?

have 3 different tomtom devices and fortune spent on them over years and set twice into the ulez zones!

When will this feature be available, all the competitors and even apple maps supports them now
  • Blue_Smoker
    Blue_Smoker Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Having just spent over £400 on Tom tom Go Expert 7" + accessories, I am very disappointed to discover that despite being top of the Tom Tom range it does not have a facility to avoid entering ULEZ areas in LONDON!

I see from other comments that this has been highlighted for some time now. Sadly I did not check these comments before purchasing, as my previous Tom Tom purchases have been of excellent quality.

Would it not make sense for the Tom Tom GO EXPERT which is marketed as suitable for HGV drivers to have ULEZ and Congestion Zones clearly marked and avoided? The only indication on the current maps is a brief banner indicating the proximity of the LEZ area for London. For a Euro 4 car such as mine this is not much use as I can enter the LEZ area without penalty. However, should I inadvertently stray into either the ULEZ or CONGESTION ZONE there are severe cost implications.

There are other 3rd party apps that manage to provide this information.

Come on Tom Tom you are behind the curve!
  • Pieman1962
    Pieman1962 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 4
    I have just been on Holiday into Europe from the UK. We were diverted off the M25 into London at 01.00am. Our TomTom 5200 took us into London's Low emission zone so on return I had been fined for going in the low emission zone. Could you add an Avoid button, to go around
    low emission zone. I would have save me £80 and £30 in Antwerp, It's not the first time we have had to detour at that time of morning but the first time we have been taken into a Low Emission Zone
  • Marnix_L
    Marnix_L Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    we are now July 2022 TOMTOM dev team where are you with the integration of LEZ zones ??? this is a huge issue all over Europe !!

I am about to change from device, satisfied customer since 2015, but now unsatisfied because no way to avoid LEZ zones in Belgium, and Europe
  • Scrag
    Scrag Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yesterday I was conned out of a substantial (to me) sum for briefly entering the London ULEZ area following my TomTom (with the newest map updates). Had I used my phones Co-Pilot, where ULEZ avoidance is supported, I'd have saved the hassle and cost but as TomTom refuse to support users in this respect, I ended up the loser.
    I expect TomTom will be the loser when I next replace my Satnav unless they get this omission addressed very quickly!
  • Habeeb
    Habeeb Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hello.. any one know 6250 have work warning low emission zone??
    If yes how can put..thanks
  • Cool-Surf
    Apprentice Seeker
    Nope its does not :-( and we have have been complaining for last year and no response from TomTom
  • Cool-Surf
    Apprentice Seeker
    No Tom Tom device supports ULEZ or similar around UK and parts of Europe, it does do Congestion Charge