Map report dissapeared in mapshare,mydrive and in Amigo.

rabero1985
rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
Exalted Navigator
edited November 2021 in Map quality
I think around a year ago i reported a permanent Road closure and it was accepted And live in MyDrive, Amigo and go navigation. Yesterday Amigo route me through this Road closure again. I look up and i Can't find it anymore.
What's the Point of report things if they are erased again after a time. I also note this with speed limit in my area. It's wrong again.
If everytime if there is a switch to a new nds version or livemap and you erase the Reports it has no Sense to report things again. I reported it one more time in mapshare again and i hope it stays in the map now......
The road closure is on Rietbroek Herentals.
And the wrong speed again is on Veldhoven Herentals (50 km/h is correct).

So the question is, how is this possible?

Comments

  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,557
    Moderator
    edited October 2021
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    I look up and i Can't find it anymore.

    Do you mean the previous report is not listed under your account now?

    rabero1985 wrote: »
    I reported it one more time in mapshare again and i hope it stays in the map now.

    Could you share the report id please?

    Thanks, Vikram
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    Hi @VikramK ,
    See screenshot for id. It is accepted i see so I hope it says on the map.
    Indeed the Previous report of this one is gone in my account.
    hczkipzao9ca.jpg
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    I have encountered the same several times. Reports (where I'm 100% sure I've submitted) suddenly vanish and the old situation is still active as if nothing has been reported. I can't give any ID since it has vanished.
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    Yes it's strange and shouldn't happen. I hope they find a solution for it. Otherwise mapshare has no Point and maps Will not improve.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Yes it's strange and shouldn't happen. I hope they find a solution for it. Otherwise mapshare has no Point and maps Will not improve.

    Compared to the Here mapcreator, TT mapshare is an outdated, far from user friendly tool lacking features.
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    I have worked with the here mapcreator also and this is indeed a more friendly and extensive map reporter but my experience with here is that it also take a very very long time before it is live in their maps..
    The only map that i've been working with that also actually have this changes in their live maps in 1 or 2 days is Waze...and closures are immediately live in their map...at this Point i think they are undefeatable in their live mapupdates...
  • flamingm0e
    flamingm0e Registered Users Posts: 35
    Prominent Wayfarer
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Yes it's strange and shouldn't happen. I hope they find a solution for it. Otherwise mapshare has no Point and maps Will not improve.

    I'm finding that mapshare is useless. I use Go Nav, and my updates aren't being included in the map updates. I gave up contributing because it's pointless.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    I have worked with the here mapcreator also and this is indeed a more friendly and extensive map reporter but my experience with here is that it also take a very very long time before it is live in their maps..
    The only map that i've been working with that also actually have this changes in their live maps in 1 or 2 days is Waze...and closures are immediately live in their map...at this Point i think they are undefeatable in their live mapupdates...

    I depends a bit on the device one is using the Here maps. Garmin isn’t the most swift in implementing map updates. But at least they pretend to provide weekly updates as TT unjustly does.

    I’m not a huge fan of waze but they certainly outclass TT when it comes to traffic info, where TT used to be the better one.

  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    True, i'm not a fan of Waze anymore because the lack of support in AA. It's the same for over years, they don't do anything with the feedback of their users...that was for me the switch to tt again. I just love the way Amigo alerts for speedcams etc in AA, there the only that do it this way and i like it :). And i hope they Will improve/getting better more over time with the app and maps...
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    True, i'm not a fan of Waze anymore because the lack of support in AA. It's the same for over years, they don't do anything with the feedback of their users...that was for me the switch to tt again. I just love the way Amigo alerts for speedcams etc in AA, there the only that do it this way and i like it :). And i hope they Will improve/getting better more over time with the app and maps...

    I don't see why TT is better concerning that matter? Amigo is a mediocre attempt to imitate Waze. Even the basics work very poor (on iOS) and traffic is less accurate.

    Does any brand takes feedback/questions from their users in consideration? The ratio resolved vs reported problems in the TT forums doesn't give any indication that TT is better or care a lot.
    Garmin has the same attitude, but their software is better. It's a pity that traffic is (very) poor and it's PND only.

  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,557
    Moderator
    Hi @rabero1985
    Our team has deployed a fix, could you check if the previous correction for the road closure is now listed under your reports?
    Also, if you should share the report ID, it should help our team review and improve this in future.

    Thank you, Vikram.
  • Narmonono
    Narmonono Registered Users Posts: 280
    Exalted Navigator
    eddydc wrote: »

    I don't see why TT is better concerning that matter? Amigo is a mediocre attempt to imitate Waze.

    Salut,
    Pour moi, AmiGo est la meilleure application de navigation car c'est la seule par rapport à waze et maps qui est capable de montrer de façon précise, l'emplacement de ma voiture sur l'écran de la voiture alors que pour waze et maps, il y a environ 500 mètres de décalage par rapport à la position réelle de ma voiture sur la route !

    Alors oui, c'est vrai que tout n'est pas parfait, que certaines améliorations prennent un peu de temps à apparaître ou à être améliorées, que les rapports fait par l'utilisateur ne nous reviennent pas assez rapidement (j'avais soumis l'idée que les rapport de danger, de voiture à sur la route, soit directement affiché sur les autres AmiGo sans passer par une modération de TT) mais en tout cas, AmiGo fonctionne malgré ces défauts.

    On peut espérer que de l'imitation dépassera la copie !
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    hi @VikramK ,
    I still don't see my previous report. Just the one i make on Octobre 17.
    As you can see, this is also aproved but still not take into mydrive or amigo.
    m5k31c23buuu.png
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Narmonono wrote: »
    eddydc wrote: »

    Pour moi, AmiGo est la meilleure application de navigation car c'est la seule par rapport à waze et maps qui est capable de montrer de façon précise, l'emplacement de ma voiture sur l'écran de la voiture alors que pour waze et maps, il y a environ 500 mètres de décalage par rapport à la position réelle de ma voiture sur la route !

    Never had that problem. Did you have the same issue with other devices? At the other hand, this is not the waze forum
  • Narmonono
    Narmonono Registered Users Posts: 280
    Exalted Navigator
    Yes, I have had this problem with other phones!

    I now leave room for the true subject of this post ! 😁
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    Still not live in Amigo. Any updates on this one?