GO PREMIUM device began to restart

a57ndrey
a57ndrey Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi TomTom! My device is TomTom GO PREMIUM. A couple of months ago the device began to restart suddenly during navigation. Now, this takes place actually permanently one restart by another one. Impossible to navigate! Do you know the reason and have a solution?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,751
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @a57ndrey
    Could you try turning off MyDrive sync on the device.

Main menu- Settings- MyDrive - Stop syncing

Follow-up with a soft reset-

Test the device when you drive next time.

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,751
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @a57ndrey
    Could you try turning off MyDrive sync on the device.

Main menu- Settings- MyDrive - Stop syncing

Follow-up with a soft reset-

Test the device when you drive next time.

Thanks, Vikram
  • Mooffie
    Mooffie Registered Users Posts: 11
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Vikram, this seems to work. Do I *need* to turn that sync back on at some point?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @Mooffie

My Drive not being on during normal use has no detrimental effect on the units running. You only need tp be signed into My Drive for the following reasons.

You create or delete a My Place on your Device or on the My Drive webpage or in the App and so you want to ensure that the lists in your My Drive Account have been updated to the new list.

If you create a route on the My Drive Webpage or My Drive App and you wish to send it or a Destination or Stops to your device the the unit has to be logged in. Once it hs synced then you can log out again.

Doug
  • a57ndrey
    a57ndrey Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you, Vikram! This works. The device stopped restarting. sorry for late reaction, I tried only today.
  • WillemS
    WillemS Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Same problem overhere ….. can you (TomTom) explain to us what causes this problem?
    In the meanwhile I will try the solution as mentioned
  • deepanshus77
    deepanshus77 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem here, this started after the latest update. I use the synch option to send destination from my phone to the device. The issue is so bad that i can't even get to the settings to stop the synch !!

Please fix this, it used to work before. In the meantime i will try to stop the synch.