Reporting an incorrect bridge height — TomTom Discussions

Reporting an incorrect bridge height

JohnWReynolds
JohnWReynolds Registered Users Posts: 12
Apprentice Traveler
A bridge on the A3 into London has recently (about 6 months ago) had a 16’0” height limit sign added but my TomTom 6250 still tries routing me under it even when set at 5m. There’s no option on the device to report it so what’s the best way? Have used this route for a number of years so I know a 16’3” trailer can go under but obviously can now get prosecuted if spotted going past the limit sign and this particular junction has no ‘up & over’ option.

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,417
    Superuser
    Hi @JohnWReynolds

Use the Tomtom Mapshare website.

Doug
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,089
    Superuser
    @JohnWReynolds
    Which precise bridge is it? Then others can also report.
  • JohnWReynolds
    Apprentice Traveler
    It’s called the Hook underpass, on the A3, junction with the A243. The height marker is visible on Google Maps in both directions.
  • JohnWReynolds
    Apprentice Traveler
    Uploaded report and screenshot to Mapshare. Many thanks all
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,089
    Superuser
    @JohnWReynolds

This one
    gy1yzyztc2g6.png
    Also created a report ID 6e972a5f-8ba3-4d58-bf2f-776fa1616535
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 241
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Hello Everyone,

I have reported the issue to the map reporter and as I do have the special dashboard. I will let you know when it shows the database updated.

It should take under 72 hours.

Do note that "Fixed" means it is in the database, which means it may take weeks or days or months to be rolled out to the maps.

When it is rolled out, it will show on my dashboard the release version.

I will reply back :)

Shawn
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 241
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Hello @JohnWReynolds

I have got an update on your bridge issue,

"Dear User,

Here is some good news from TomTom. You recently suggested an update to TomTom Maps. The map report ID was: 59bf1091-5494-4099-a006-c5a00ee88dce.

After verifying the report, we have made the necessary changes that will be reflected in the next map release.

Thanks for taking the time to report this update. You have helped us improve the experience of drivers throughout the community.

Of course, roads change all the time. So, if you notice anything else on the map that requires our attention, please let us know. It can make a real difference.

All the best,
    TomTom"

It shows in my dashboard as already fixed, it should be released in the next map update.

Hi @lampard could you kindly check this report when it will be released to the map versions public?

59bf1091-5494-4099-a006-c5a00ee88dce

Have a great day!

Shawn

• Nav900
    Nav900 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Another bridge 15"9' at Ikea Wembley on the North Circular Road (NW10 0TH) has been raised about 5 years ago. Yet my new updated 6250 still diverts around it.
  • Nav900
    Apprentice Seeker
    o3ge3m5jqlc3.png
  • Nav900
    Apprentice Seeker
    Dartford Tunnel has the 3rd lane only for Vehicles OVER 15" 9' (16" 6' or 5M). Yet 2hr diversion according to the TomTom for a 16" 2' trailer.

w09ygvia6v9z.jpg