Mazda nb1 sd card update — TomTom Community

Mazda nb1 sd card update

LindzoLindzo Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
Payed 50 pounds sterling for new Europe maps can not find them on Tom Tom home or anywhere else for that matter now I have no maps on my sd card as Tom Tom home wants an activation code or something which I do not have and I also wanted Great Britain maps which I selected for purchase but ended up getting Europe maps go figure can anyone help. As I’m 50 pound out of pocket and feel like I’ve been robbed by this company.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,129
    Superuser
    Hi @Lindzo

Looks like the map you have purchased has not been allocated to your account yet. Le us see what @VikramK has to say tomorrow after he has reviewed your post.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi @Lindzo
    Welcome the community! The map updates service is showing as active on your account. Could you do a clean re-installation of TomTom HOME and try again?

Clean uninstall the TomTom HOME software application. See the steps here-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901520

Download the latest version of TomTom HOME from here-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739

Download a fresh map offered as a download-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961259

Regards, Vikram
  • LindzoLindzo Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    Hi thanks for reply I have installed Tom Tom home on two separate computers one windows and one Mac and it still has not worked
    When you say download a fresh map from where Tom Tom home ? It wants 49.95 which I’ve already paid ?
    Hi @Lindzo
    I had my team review this one, and it seems the map update service you ordered is not compatible with your model.
    The service has been swapped, could you check for updates now?

Thanks!
    Hi thanks will check later tonight as I’m at work should it show in Tom Tom home update?
    Lindzo wrote: »
    should it show in Tom Tom home update?

Yes.

4pec0rvb3g6t.jpeg
    Hi there is no update in Tom Tom home
    I have an option to buy maps in the maps section of Tom Tom home but I’ve already paid for maps
    4pq3w9qlyoyy.jpeg
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,190 Moderator
    @Lindzo

Could you check now, the last Europe ap should be offered.

Regards,

Jim
    @Jim07
    Will check tonight when finish work
    Thanks .
    @Jim07 there is still nothing in the update my Mazda navigation system nb1 and the maps section is the same as before ?
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,948 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hi,
    Are you sure that the card purchased was assigned to your Mazda nb1 account?
    I have deleted the map on the memory card I now have the option to install new Europe map but it keeps failing saying item not valid after installation?
    This is the worst service ever nothing works all I get is error after error shocking service in the middle of downloading the map it pops up with a message saying I cancelled it when I have not touched it honesty it’s a different error every time
    edited October 16
    an3l3nmgv6ox.jpeg
    d6ferd65b2k7.jpeg
    Ok have installed Tom Tom home on three separate computers and every one of them come up with an error have checked for connection to server and four successful connections solid internet connection cabled.
    This error happens at the same place on every pc when it moves onto the second download bar it’s says Tom Tom home not responding now three separate computers can’t be wrong i thinks it’s time for a refund from Tom Tom if I can’t get this resolved.
    Strange how it will download voices and other updates no problem but will not do maps
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 110 [Revered Navigator]
    If it fails on Windows PC - clearly issue on TomTom side ( on Mac they have application working very unstable but on PC if server side ok - it works)
    @AngryBird
    Not really much help that as I’ve said before tried on three computers two pc and one Mac none of them work clearly an issue with Tom Tom and still fifty pound out of pocket and nothing to show for it if the system doesn’t work fix it but they dont seem interested customer support is non existent pretty much sorry if I am complaining a lot but they are quick to take your cash!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps your SD card has a problem? did you try with a new sd card
    @Willy875
    So if there was a problem with the sd card why do the other updates download and install it only seems to be the map that has the problem?
    edited October 17
    Unless the map to buy is not compatible with GPS?

when you bought the map it is with Tomtom home is with the account that corresponds to your Mazda GPS
    @Willy875 Moderator
    October 14
    Hi @Lindzo
    I had my team review this one, and it seems the map update service you ordered is not compatible with your model.
    The service has been swapped, could you check for updates now?
    earlier comment from vikramk
    edited October 17
    Was there not another error?
    I think you have to contact customer service on Monday by chat, they are the only ones who can help you.
    Yeah been to many shouldn’t be this difficult to update an sd card probably going to ask for a refund as I’ve wasted enough time with it how do contact customer service ?
    Hi @Lindzo
    It's a bit strange to see why the map is not showing under the update's section in TomTom HOME.
    I would suggest that you try a clean uninstall of TomTom HOME, see the detailed procedure from here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901520

Download a fresh version of the application from here

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739

Connect the device and download a fresh map offered as an update-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961259

Regards, Vikram
    @VikramK the map is showing in the update part of Tom Tom home now the problem is it will only download so far and then Tom Tom home stops responding tried this on three separate computers two pc one Mac more than capable of running Tom Tom home ?