MyDrive web page is not sending stops to my device — TomTom Community

MyDrive web page is not sending stops to my device

raesewellraesewell Posts: 176 [Exalted Navigator]
The MyDrive web page is not sending stops to my device. The MyDrive smartphone App is working OK and sending stops but not the website. Any ideas folks?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,115
    Superuser
    edited October 13
    Hi @raesewell

Seems okay for me. using Firefox

Doug
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 176 [Exalted Navigator]
    That's not really much help to me, is it. I have tried Chrome, Edge and the Samsung browser, none of which work.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,115
    Superuser
    Hi @raesewell

Maybe not but it suggests that the website is not down.

Doug
    OK, just to prove the point I installed Firefox and it's not working there either. It must be to do with my account if it's not the browser or the website.
  • JacaMaJacaMa Posts: 45 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Have you seen "The current position is not known" or "The current position is not established" message on the MDW Route Planner after your attempt of sending the stops to your device?
    I recently had a situation where I wanted to send a new itinerary to my Go 5200 while it was booting from a complete shutdown. I use the MDW Route Planner on MS Edge. The device didn't receive anything after it booted up. I repeated my attempts without any success. After one of attempts I have seen the message like I quoted above.
    Interesting that at the same time I was able to upload the itinerary previously saved in My Roads in MDW Route Planner, and this one, I just planned, I could not. I had to erase this route and plan it again since the beginning, after my current position was indicated on the MDW Route Planner map already, and then I have sent the itinerary successfully.
    I could not re-create that situation again in order to check, what exactly was a reason of that malfunction.
    Regards
    JM
    edited October 13
    No I don't get any of that. I press the Send Stops button and while I am hovering it changes colour but doesn't behave like it normally does and does not send the stops.
    As I said the MyDrive App works ok so I am able to send routes but not from the website.
    edited October 13
    Still not working properly.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,696
    Superusers
    Hope the Rout has not to many STops/Waypoints
    Check what happens when you save a "MyPlace" in the Web Rout Planner or test it only with a destination.

Allowed are only 19 or 20 Stops or Waypoints and the destination.
    edited October 13
    I am aware of the waypoint limit and no there were not too many waypoints. As I said the App works fine which has the same waypoint limit.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,926 [Exalted Pioneer]
    When you send the stops did you check on the GPS if the route was not transferred?
    edited October 13
    I had the Smartphone App and my Rider 550 both active when I sent the route. Or should I say didn't send the route :)
    Any more ideas? Mydrive web still not working/
    Superusers
    Have you tryed it from an other Pc
    No, but it might be worth a shot. I'll let you know how I get on.
    edited October 18
    Just tried it in Google Chrome on my phone and no stops sent then tried the MyDrive App also on my phone and stops were sent. So the problem still persists. I will try it from my Desktop when I get a chance.
    Superusers
    really crazy stuff is happening here :bleep_bloop:
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 299 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @raesewell

You mentioned " I press the Send Stops button and while I am hovering it changes colour"

But are you also seeing the message "Syncing was successful" in the top right hand of the screen (using MyDrive -Web) ?

I occasionally see a white square briefly flash in the middle of the screen which means for me it was unsuccessful.

I then have to clear all the Tomtom Cookies, refresh the MyDrive webpage, relog into the MyDrive account, accept cookies and that usually makes the Syncing process work again.

This is my experience using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 PC - sometimes my Go Discover will receive the stops some 10 or more minutes later, whereas my Go Premium is fairly consistent getting the stops or destination in less than a minute.

Not sure if you have tried clearing cookies, apologies if you have, but as you have tried another browser, this may not be the issue and you may have to run the gauntlet of contacting Tomtom's Customer Care Team. ;)
    Hello and thank you for your input. I am not seeing the "syncing successful" message.
    I will try clearing the cookies to see if that works after I have tried logging in on my desktop.
    edited October 19
    OK Peeps
    I have tried using my desktop and the result is the same, I have deleted the cookies and that didn't work either. This is not a big problem for me as I can still upload and download routes and send stops from the Android MyDrive App. It is however a niggle and I don't like niggles.