GO 620 crashes on trying to open the menu (factory reset does not help / bricked.)
- While sitting on the home screen, press the ".... Menu" button.
- Device screen dims and goes black.
- Screen stays black for a few seconds.
- The map appears to reload and I'm back right on the home screen again.
- If I press the ".... Menu" button again, it just repeats and I can't open the menu.
I can still scroll around the map, zoom in / out and it shows where I am - but I just can't get into the menu or do anything, so the device is useless.
I tried a factory reset - twice - using the instructions from this page - it was tricky to get that to work, but I eventually managed to put the device in recovery mode, connect to my PC and reinstall the firmware. But after successfully updating, restarting and accepting the initial data privacy prompts - I get the same result as above, I still can't open the main menu.
If I had to guess, I'm speculating that some on-device configuration got corrupt when it crashed and a factory reset doesn't actually erase this corrupt configuration.
What should I do next? How to proceed from here to get my device working again?