Lifetime traffic to expire!! Only bought a week ago! — TomTom Community

Lifetime traffic to expire!! Only bought a week ago!

Van1llaVan1lla Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I purchased 1 week ago a TomTom GO 520 : It says on the box it has lifetime traffic, but the device says it will "expire soon". What can I do to activate it?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,146
    Superuser
    Hi @Van1lla

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and review your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here later to see what they say.

Doug
  • Van1llaVan1lla Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It also says speed camera are about to end. There's an option to install and it takes me to a subscription service where it has been reduced from £2.00 a month to £0.00 a month. If I subscribe will the cost change in the future? Or should this be free for lifetime too??
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi @Van1lla
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    If I don't have the tomtom connected to a smart phone the travel services doesn't work. Should I subscribe to it, do I still need a smart device for this to work or can I rely solely on the sat nav? @Vikram or anyone else
    edited October 13
    @Vikram I've done the soft reset, but no updates available. I'm connected to wifi but I've noticed that mydrive and traffic says service unavailable. Do I need to wait until these are available for the fixed services to work?