Random heart rate spikes during sleep — TomTom Community

Random heart rate spikes during sleep

Rebecca174Rebecca174 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]

According to my tom tom touch, I frequently get heart rate spikes well into the 140s during my sleep. This doesn't happen during the day, just at night. It seems incredibly unlikely that this is my actual heart rate, given that I'm asleep. I've found previous questions where people have had this issue while running, and that the heart rate monitor has detected their cadence, however I think this is also unlikely to be the issue since I'm not running when it occurs.
What could be causing this problem? Is there something I can do to prevent it (wearing the band tighter/looser or elsewhere on my wrist)?

kkder79efd4b.jpg
k8ek4s3vtas9.jpg

Best Answer

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    It might be bad data from light getting under the band. You can try tightening it up for a few nights and see if it helps and if not, go the other way and loosen it and see if that makes a difference. If it does not change there is nothing to be done about it as yours is the first time I have ever heard of this and the device is out of warranty and was discontinued 4 years ago when TT Sports went out of business.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    It might be bad data from light getting under the band. You can try tightening it up for a few nights and see if it helps and if not, go the other way and loosen it and see if that makes a difference. If it does not change there is nothing to be done about it as yours is the first time I have ever heard of this and the device is out of warranty and was discontinued 4 years ago when TT Sports went out of business.