Tomtom Start 52 map expired

markseagull
markseagull Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I have two Starter 52 and have always received free map updates for my region. For the past 6+ months, no updates have been available. When I look in MyDrive Connect, there is a message in the Maps section that says "Map Update Service subscription: Expired". As this device is supposed to have free lifetime map updates, how can the subscription be expired?

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,956
    Superuser
    Hi @markseagull

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and check your units settings on the TT servers. If Lifetime is applicable then if necessary they can sort the settings out. Look back here tomorrow to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Hi @markseagull
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • markseagull
    Apprentice Seeker
    @VikramK Sure, it is sent.
  • VikramK
    Hi @markseagull
    Thanks for sending the serial number.
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • markseagull
    Apprentice Seeker
    @VikramK Thanks so much! It is working now!!
  • GregYYZ
    GregYYZ Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I haven''t used my Start 25 for a long time. I just took it out and am having the same problem.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,956
    Superuser
    Hi @GregYYZ

@VikramK should be back on the forum tomorrow so look back then to see what he has to say.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Hi @GregYYZ
    Welcome to the community! I have activated a map on your TomTom account.
    Please check for updates now!

Regards,
    Vikram
  • GregYYZ
    GregYYZ Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @VikramK , I was away last week but tried to update the device today. It says my device is up to date even though I didn't update anything. FYI, MyDrive Connect says my map version is V.10.15. Is there something specific I need to do in order to update besides plug in my device?
  • VikramK
    Hi @GregYYZ
    Could you try deleting the HOME3 folder > perform a soft reset > connect the device and check for any updates.

The HOME3 folder is located at C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\TomTom

Soft reset-

Regards
    Vikram