TomTom XL Map Missing. — TomTom Community

TomTom XL Map Missing.

Hi. I have a TomTom XL with a North America map. I bought the device some years ago whilst on vacation in the USA.

I've checked to see if any updates were available - which there were - but somehow the map has been deleted in the process and I cannot now retrieve it. My device shows a blue screen saying there are no maps installed.

When I try to download it through TomTom Home the download eventually fails at the end. A message is displayed: This file is invalid (archive file): 3DBB01BA-1B9C-45D2-97C6D9DDA6C10E8D.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• kenairykenairy Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Vikram,

Well, I did what you suggested and...it worked!

Thanks very much for your help.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi @kenairy
    Welcome to the community! I have reactivated the map for your device. Just remove the existing map first using and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram
    Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Two versions of the map are now available to download: v870.3420 (1452mb) and v900.4613 (1404 mb).

I've tried to downloading each version in turn when the other one failed but get the same error message, as shown above, right at the end of the download. I've tried twice with each one but it always ends with the same error message.

Any further help you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    I think the error seems to be related to connectivity issues. See more information on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901740

Regards,
    Vikram.
    Thanks again,

I've tried on two other computers, a desktop and a laptop with the same result. I've also done the other things you suggested but it makes no difference.

Tom Tom Home/Manage Device/Install Items From Computer shows a map available
  • iuliumariusiuliumarius Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    hi
    i just purchased updating maps and i get the following error
    3DBB01BA-1B9C-45D2-97C6D9DDA6C10E8D.
    i removed the old map, i still have this error
    Sorry, the previous message was sent too soon. The map is USA v985.8156 (1860mb).

When I try to install it it says 'There is not enough free space on your device (-3.2MB).

Home says I have the following items on my device: TomTom Application (1) (13.4mb),
    Car symbols (14) (0.4mb), Map Overlays (1) USA basic version 2 (3296kb), Quick GPS Fix Data (0.1MB), Start-Up Images (1) (0.4mb), Voices (1) Simon Computer Voice (45.3mb).

My Device Memory is 1958.5mb, Installed Items 98.5mb, Free Space 1860.1 mb.

Would it be possible to delete something to free up enough space to install the map from my computer?

Thanks again for your help.
  • iuliumariusiuliumarius Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    hi
    i just purchased updating maps and i get the following error
    3DBB01BA-1B9C-45D2-97C6D9DDA6C10E8D.
    i removed the old map, i still have this error
    may i have some help here???
    Hi,

Are you able to help with my latest 2 posts of October 5 ?

Many thanks.
    Hi @kenairy
    If you have a back-up of all the data above stored on your computer, then could try removing USA basic version 2.
    Post that, see if TomTom HOME allows you to install the maps.

Thanks
    Vikram
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Vikram,

Well, I did what you suggested and...it worked!

Thanks very much for your help.