Rollout version 3.3.14 of GO Navigation Android has started

Jürgen
Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,308
Community Manager
We have now started the phased roll out of version 3.3.14 to end-users.

What's new:
  • Android 12 support
  • New default map style
  • Improved subscriptions screen
  • Simplified privacy screen at on-boarding
  • Now available in Turkey, Morocco, and Chile
  • Bug fixes and improvements

Comments

• AmirMhmd
    AmirMhmd Registered Users Posts: 25
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thanks but why didn't we get the interaction feature to zoom in and out
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    I tried it out, but I find the new daylight map style rather odd and somewhat confusing. Everything outside the road seems to have a greenish color. It doesn't seem to make any distinction between houses, etc and real 'green' features like fields, etc. Woods seem to be OK, with a darker green.
    Is that intentional?
    Furthermore, the zoom issue after calculating the route seems still to be present. The instructions on roundabout is still an issue.
  • dezmo
    dezmo Registered Users Posts: 94
    Revered Navigator
    Observing the list of changes and the application itself, I assume probably only one developer is working on it, but s/he was also on leave most of the time between two updates. :'(
  • ducht-klant
    ducht-klant Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited October 2021
    Zoom function is not working when why search addresses.
    This issue has been known internally since 15 September 2021.
    Intern Ticketnumber about this problem is 1335625

When are you going to fixing this?
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator

I'm not 100% sure that it's the same thing, but the zoom level is still incorrect when one start a new calculated route. Very annoying when one starts at a point where one needs to know in which direction/street the route starts. Driving for a while and hoping that the zoom level gets set correctly is not an option.

• ducht-klant
    ducht-klant Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    eddydc wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure that it's the same thing, but the zoom level is still incorrect when one start a new calculated route. Very annoying when one starts at a point where one needs to know in which direction/street the route starts. Driving for a while and hoping that the zoom level gets set correctly is not an option.

While looking up an address, 1st photo appears28xs7e9635am.jpg

Normally it works like this see photo
    ynscolahw37h.jpg
  • ultom
    ultom Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Since the update, nothing works. Despite deleting cache, data, app and reinstalling as well as numerous restarts of the smartphone, the installation of the app cannot be completed. I hope support will get back to me soon.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Normally it works like this see photo

Sometimes, I get indeed the 1st photo, but mostly the second one.
    I was referring to the start of a calculated route which remains 99% zoomed out instead of the correct zoom level in order to drive the correct way.

• eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Another issue I've noticed, but where I'm not sure if was there always.
    I suddenly get vocal directions as far as 1,2 km in advance.
    This useless and very annoying since between the current position and the actual driving instruction are may crossroads/intersections where one can mistakenly assume that the instruction concerns that point. One need always to double check first, which makes it less safe.
    There isn't a logic/reason for these well in advance instructions and doesn't occur all the time.
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 194
    Exalted Navigator
    edited October 2021
    3si05glrt8aw.jpg
    I noticed in 3.3.14 that next Instruction (then) under normal Instruction board isn't show anymore in AA. I alsof wonder when the exit and Road numbers Will be added in AA..
  • husel
    husel Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello,

I installed 3.3.14 two days ago on my Moto G5 (Android 8) and the app doesn't start anymore. The previous version worked fine!

I submitted a crash report, hopefully this gets fixed soon!
  • grof
    grof Registered Users Posts: 98
    Supreme Trailblazer
    ultom wrote: »
    Since the update, nothing works. Despite deleting cache, data, app and reinstalling as well as numerous restarts of the smartphone, the installation of the app cannot be completed. I hope support will get back to me soon.

SAME THING - THE APP DOES NOT EVEN LOAD NOW
  • grof
    grof Registered Users Posts: 98
    Supreme Trailblazer
    husel wrote: »
    Hello,

I installed 3.3.14 two days ago on my Moto G5 (Android 8) and the app doesn't start anymore. The previous version worked fine!

I submitted a crash report, hopefully this gets fixed soon!

SAME THING - THE APP DOES NOT EVEN LOAD NOW
  • RedSpecial62
    RedSpecial62 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Explorer
    3.3.14 running fine here on Moto g6 running android 9 standalone not with AA,
  • AmirMhmd
    AmirMhmd Registered Users Posts: 25
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    The Amigo which is free has the zoom added and the paid tomtom does not have it
    This is really confusing business idea
  • Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 39
    Renowned Trailblazer
    AmirMhmd wrote: »
    The Amigo which is free has the zoom added and the paid tomtom does not have it
    This is really confusing business idea

Wow didn't expected this! Hopefully they will bring the new features asap to the TomTom app as well. And I agree, this is quite a confusing business idea releasing the new functions to the free app first.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    While looking up an address, 1st photo appears28xs7e9635am.jpg
    I'm getting this more and more lately. Even the different route options are zoomed out too much

• Gafran
    Gafran Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hey does tom tom work on the androidhead unit with snapdragon qualcomm 625/626

Or are there users here with this setup
  • BIGBOL
    BIGBOL Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have this version together with Android Auto 7.0.614134-release and have an issue.
    The app (on car screen) restarts every few minutes. I have tried previous fixes such as removing the "Serena" voice however have discovered that the only thing that makes a difference is if I have a planned route or not.
    If a planned route is entered then its ok, however If I just have the app running for speed cams etc without setting a destination then it will 'reboot' every few minutes.