Cannot turn on my Tom Tom Go 520 — TomTom Community

Cannot turn on my Tom Tom Go 520

Hi Guys my tom tom go 520 intro screen comes up and the load bar at the bottom stops just before finishing.
I have tried the reset holding the power button till the text screen then pushing the power button twice and it goes straight back to the intro screen again and does the same thing. I have tried to update on my connect but it will not connect even though its connected to the computer. It is 3 yrs old but was nearly $400 australian dollars so would like to try everything before i bin it and buy another.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,136
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @gsd112

If you have a memory card fitted try without the card installed.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @gsd112

Having made sure the unit is well charged try the pressing of the On/Off button again for around 20 seconds but let go of the button when you hear the drumroll sound rather than still pressing until you see the white writing.

Doug
  • gsd112gsd112 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for replying. I have done that as well as 2 clicks on the on/ off button and 3 clicks. I cannot even turn it off . It just stays on the opening screen with the load bar 95% complete. When i do the reset it starts the loading again but it stops at the same spot and freezes .
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @gsd112

If you have a memory card fitted try without the card installed.

Doug
  • gsd112gsd112 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug that fixed it. Its all back up and working.
    Superuser
    @gsd112

Glad you are sorted.

Doug