How to connect my Go Discover to My Drive — TomTom Community

How to connect my Go Discover to My Drive

Hans-LouisHans-Louis Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Any time I try to connect I get a 'Oeps, there are problems with the connection, try again later'. I use MacOS 11.6 . I use the correct password. My Drive om my computer recognizes my device, but my device refuses to connect to MyDrive.

Answers

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 736 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited October 9
    Hi, @Hans-Louis,

GO Discover does NOT update via My Drive!

Furthermore, if you connect it to your Computer (using the Computer as a Power Source) it probably will not update either!

You need to connect it to an Independent Power Source & then update via a WiFi connection!
  • Hans-LouisHans-Louis Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi John-Jay, I want to connect to MyDrive because I manage all my places there and I want to synchronize them with my new Go Discover.
    Btw, I have updated my maps via USB with my computer.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,948 [Exalted Pioneer]
    If you have added the GO Discover to the same Mydrive account as your old device automatically it will synchronize your places and your routes

The GO Discover is not yet compatible with MyDrive connect for updates it is only in Wi-Fi.
    @Willy875, my old device does synchronize with MyDrive, but my new device doesn't. I just can't log in with my new device. Of course I use the same account. For updating I use usb.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,128
    Superuser
    Hi @Hans-Louis

The GO Discover unit is designed to be managed without the need to connect it to a PC. Currently the unit will only manage Maps when it is connected directly via Wifi.

The earlier Wifi models like the GO Premium when connected to a PC, which has MyDrive Connect running on it, are only using the connection as a means to connecting to the Internet via the PC as management of the updates etc is done using the units menu options as there are no facilities in MDC to manage activities on the device.

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,706
    Superusers
    Turn the device on and then press and hold the on button about 20 secons til the device restarts with the drum sound. When you hear the drum sound leave the button.
    Then go to menu/settings/system/about. There scroll down and make sure that under Dataconnection is "WIFI"
    Then go back to MyDrive and try again.
    Do you have special characters or umlauts like üäöß in your password?
    @Douglap. My only connection is wifi, but still when I try to connect to MyDrive it's denied.
    @Lochfrass. I tried that soft reset as you suggested and checked if the dataconnection says wifi, but connection was denied. Also I checked my password, but after about twenty times I must have typed it right. But maybe something is wrong with password, so I am going to renew it.
    Thank you all.
    I'll tell you what: I changed the password and it works! Again thank you all!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,706
    Superusers
    Many thanks for the Feedback :3
    Superuser
    Hi @Hans-Louis

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
    @All. Final remark. My old password was tT54%4$gf#& (sorry it doesn't work anymore) and I have a suspicion that one of the special characters was causing the trouble, like Lochfrass said. Thanks again and happy traveling.
  • JensBuurJensBuur Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My new bought Go discover cannot connect neither to WiFi or with the USB Cable to my Drive. When i connect vith USB the computer disconnect its connection to WiFi. When i use a test hekp it says Eathernet 5 does not have a IP Configuration
  • AngelHC1969AngelHC1969 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi there. Is there a way to transfer items (pdi) to the Go Discover? When connecting with PC, it does not detect it as an external hard drive, so I cannot put elements into it. With the My Drive Conect you can not pass things either. how can we do it?
    Superuser
    Hi @AngelHC1969

The option to add data other than System, Maps and voices etc is not available so you cannot add 3rd Party POI files etc.

Doug
  • AngelHC1969AngelHC1969 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    [bThanks for your reply DougLap. I find it very interesting to be able to add POIs to the device. Tomtom should do his best to do so. [/b]