Irish Post Codes - Eir Codes — TomTom Community

Irish Post Codes - Eir Codes

Sean_Mc_123Sean_Mc_123 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I cant seem to get these to work on my new Go 620? Does TomTom support Irish Eir Codes?

Answers

• omolloyomolloy Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Appalling in fact that you do not support Eircodes - extremely disappointing to find this out AFTER I buy the car!!
  • Sean_Mc_123Sean_Mc_123 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ok, thanks for the reply Vikram. What would be of interest is a plan/dates for release of support for Eir Codes. it is outrageous that they are not supported....and in my case, even more so given that I was assured by the UK support number that they were...BEFORE I made the purchase! Back to using Googke for Irish post codes!!
  • Younger06Younger06 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi,
    Sorry to resurect this........but is there any future plans to support Eircodes on the TomTom maps ???
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,151
    Superuser
    Hi @Younger06

The Eircodes are recognised by the MyDrive Webpage and on my Iphone MyDrive App so I can send the route to my PND units. The codes also are recognised in the IOS version of the latest GO Navigation App. I cannot say if they also work on Android version.

Regarding the future inclusion then you will need one of the Mods on here to answer that if they know.

Doug
  • bertodonoghuebertodonoghue Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited August 2020
    Just bought the tomtom and basically it can't seem to find anything in Ireland! It couldn't find the 2 main secondary schools in Killarney, couldn't find the local GAA clubs, couldn't find the soccer club. I can find them all on goggle maps. is this the norm for TomTom - I am really surprised how absolutely useless it is. I then thought I would use the eircode instead but that doesn't work either. Are other Irish users having the same problem. is there another brand that actually works in Ireland
  • mayo4sammayo4sam Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Just got the Camper GO sat nav device and really disappointing seeing that eircodes which are very standard here for travel are not supported. I said I would give my feedback on the Irish Motorhome enthusiasts Ireland facebook site (almost 5k users) and would appreciate an update regarding eircodes and where it is on the development roadmap.
  • Pat1963Pat1963 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How can I recommend your GO Professional 6250, to other professional Drivers. If you don’t even have such a basic service as Eircode?
  • ballyfreeballyfree Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    absolutely ridiculous that eircodes are not provided. my next sat nav will be will not be a tomtom
  • ChrisP15ChrisP15 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Is eircode available on Tomtom Go 6200 now and how is it entered in SatNav