Audio: Android auto voice too deep in the car — TomTom Community

Audio: Android auto voice too deep in the car

NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
Hello moderators,
I don't know if others have made this remark as well, but I find that when using AmiGo with Android auto plugged into the car, the female and male voices are quite low in the car speakers.
I specify that I have not modified the balance of the car radio or phone and that I do not have this feeling with the music or podcasts that I listen to on the car from my phone, always with Android auto.

Have a lovely day everybody.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,709 Moderator
    edited October 7
    Hi @Narmonono

On Android Auto, the volume level is controlled fully by the Head Unit. It seems some Head Units have the default volume for Navigation Guidance (used by AmiGO to play audio) set quite low compared to default for music. You can adjust the voice volume while the voice is playing, the team is looking into improving this with a prompt that might show when the voice volume level is low.

Best, lampard
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited October 11
    Thank you for your answer but my remark does not concern the sound volume but the audio frequency. In fact, I find that the vocals have too much low midrange in the rendering and hinder the listening a little.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,709 Moderator
    edited October 11
    Narmonono wrote: »
    Thank you for your answer but my remark does not concern the sound volume but the audio frequency. In fact, I find that the vocals have too much low midrange in the rendering and hinder the listening a little.

Ah, can you tell us the voice which you're using so we can check the frequency of responses? Also, the head unit name and Android Auto version installed in case we want to reproduce this.

Best, lampard
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
    So it is the French voices offered by AmiGo and it is especially the male which has the most bass compared to the female voice (which is quite normal!).
    The central unit is a rlink2 from Renault and the AA version is 6.9. 613724.