AmiGo night light option does not work on the car screen — TomTom Community

AmiGo night light option does not work on the car screen

NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
Hello moderators,

I wanted to use the car screen brightness control settings from the new AmiGo settings found on the car screen thanks to the Android auto. If I use the car-controlled automatic night or day mode option it works fine (like before this options menu appeared) but if I want to use the option where it is the application (I don't know not if AmiGo or Android auto manages this) which automatically manages the brightness, the screen of my car remains on "day" and does not go into night mode while AmiGo on my phone has gone into night mode. Is there another option to use in AA or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance for the help
Good day

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,689 Moderator
    Hello @Narmonono

The team was unable to reproduce this issue at their end. All options worked as expected, I guess excluding AmiGO from Dark mode in the device setting will help.

AmiGO has its own dark mode under AmiGO>Settings>General>Night mode>Automatic/ON/OFF. The recently added settings inside Android Auto to switch between the car sensors and the app settings for light and dark. It sounds like the “follow phone” setting is not mirroring.

Best, lampard
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hello @Narmonono
    I guess excluding AmiGO from Dark mode in the device setting will help.
    Thank you for your reply.
    How can i do this ?
    I'm not sure about the settings on your phone but mine is Oneplus. I can exclude the AmiGO from Settings> Display> Dark mode> Manage Apps

Best, lampard
    Thanks for the help but on my xiaomi I can't find it.

But as the option to automatically switch modes by following the app doesn't work, do you think there could be an improvement?
    I come back to this post.
    I just saw that when I ask the application to manage the day and night modes, amigo has its buttons which turn white as for the night mode but the card remains in day mode, it's strange!
    Narmonono wrote: »
    I come back to this post.I just saw that when I ask the application to manage the day and night modes, amigo has its buttons which turn white as for the night mode but the card remains in day mode, it's strange!

The team is already aware of the incorrect highlight color for reporting type button when pressed.

Best, lampard

Okay, but if I made this remark, it is because of the fact that the night mode does not automatically switch on with the option controlled by the application on the car screen.
    When I use this option, the maps stay in day mode but the buttons go into night mode!
  • FreeWingFreeWing Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Okay, but if I made this remark, it is because of the fact that the night mode does not automatically switch on with the option controlled by the application on the car screen.
    When I use this option, the maps stay in day mode but the buttons go into night mode!

...same for me on Kona EV 2021
    Hello moderators,
    Do you have a solution to this problem?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Hello moderators,
    Do you have a solution to this problem?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    We were able to reproduce this issue, created a ticket. The 'Automatic-Follow app setting' option does not work during the night.

Best, lampard
    Great and thanks for the back.
    Hello,
    With the latest beta version 2.209.0, option of management of night mode by the application works.
    Thank you for your work.