TomTom Start 20 maps — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 20 maps

kohlmann2000kohlmann2000 Posts: 9 [Novice Seeker]
Hello, I cannot get any maps to show on my device. It is a Start 20, and I have a lifetime subscription for the UK and Republic of Ireland maps. I keep getting the message that "You cannot use this map on this device:United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland. The serial number begins with AP

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,282
    Superusers
    Hi
    @kohlmann2000
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi @kohlmann2000
    Welcome to the community!
    It seems you are already trying to download map v10.75. I have asked my team to clear the failed download packages to initiate a fresh download.

I would recommend that you try the steps advised on our support article here-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959859

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • kohlmann2000kohlmann2000 Posts: 9 [Novice Seeker]
    edited October 5
    Hello @Vikram, thanks. Unfortunately, I have not had any success. When I turn on my device, it comes up with a 'Select you map' option and underneath is listed 'United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland'. When I click on this then I get the message 'Problem with this map'. You cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland. I will appreciate it a lot if your colleagues can assist, as I need the satnav for a trip I have to make very soon. S/N APxxxxxxxxx27

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,937 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hi
    AP> Start 20, 4GB + micro-sdhc, MyDrive connect should not have lifetime updates.
    Well, I'm not sure what your basis for that is, but I do.
    I'm sure it can be verified by Tom Tom through my serial number.
    @VikramK and @lampard, I'll be grateful if you can let me know if and when you clear the system and I should take any action.
    Thanks.
    It is on the Start 20 with 8 GB of internal memory that the lifetime cards were assigned. so the Start 20 Serial No. AP only have 4 GB of internal memory
    @Willy875, much as I can understand you MAY be trying to help. I am not sure you are being helpful. It seems you are casting doubt on what I am seeing on my OneDrive account an have had ever since I have been using my device. With all due respect, if you are not able to offer any solutions, please allow those who can do so to do that. Thanks.
    @Willy875, the attached may be the proof you need to see to be convinced, in relation to the Lifetime Map Update service.
    I do not question what you see on Mydrive
    I just want to say that I do not understand on 2 GPS 1 can have lifetime updates the other no.
    Hi @kohlmann2000
    Is the device recognized when you connect it to MyDrive Connect?
    If yes, do you see a map offered as an update?

Thanks, Vikram
    Hello @VikramK, thank you. I can see that it connects. I also see the update boxes. Please see attached 81qyqxth1v77.pdf
    Thanks for your help.
    @VikramK, please see attached. In case the previous one I did using my phone didn't upload correctly. Thanks. Any help will be much appreciated.
    edited October 5
    Thanks @kohlmann2000
    Does the update process start when you click on update selected?

9n40wyiq39cr.png

-Vikram
    @VikramK, yes it does and then it asks to disconnect and reconnect but then it dos nothing further. I have tried it over and over and have also tried emptying the downloads folder as the link you gave me yesterday suggested. Same thing happens after. Meantime on the device it just shows a 'Select you map' option and underneath is listed 'United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland'. When I click on this then I get the message 'Problem with this map'. You cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,282
    Superusers
    edited October 5
    Hi
    @kohlmann2000
    Welcome to the site...
    Your device is NOT showing as connected....
    4jsu8k2hqgdg.jpg
    Edit Ignore my 1st reply... The device is showing as connected in the lower screen-grab
    6v6idr81bkzg.jpg
    Stay safe... ATB YFM