Volume level stays low after instruction on carplay. — TomTom Community

Volume level stays low after instruction on carplay.

Leej00wLeej00w Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm using Tomtom Go with Carplay.
When I'm listening to music and TomTom lowers the volume and give instructies the volume doesn't come back to the previous level.
Only way to get volume back is to stop navigation. This doesn't happen with other navigation apps. I also reinstalled the app. Upgraded iOS to version 15.

Best Answers

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,724
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    A fix for this should be in our next release.
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    Today we started rolling out version 2.8 with fixes to volume issues in Apple CarPlay. The rollout will reach 100% over the period of one week.

Answers

• XonoRXonoR Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same bug here.
    There is a way to get back the volume. Just open the app you're using, wait a couple of seconds, and volume is back. And you can return to main screen.
    Anyway, it's uncomfortable to be like this.
    Hope it will be solved with next update.
  • DawesOakleyDawesOakley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    We have the same issue and are also now running IOS 15.01. Our issue is only when you want just alerts. If you click full instructions the sound comes back at the end of the direction. It is though the alert only option isn't sending an "I've finished" signal back to the Audio. We have the issue on both and Audi and a Nissan, so not car specific. No issue in any other navigation app.
  • bennoknaapbennoknaap Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Same issue here
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
  • Leej00wLeej00w Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 4
    Jürgen wrote: »

Thanks for this answer, any idea when we can expert this release?
    Community Manager
    Sorry, it's not really possible to give a time frame.
  • DawesOakleyDawesOakley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 4
    Hi Jürgen, Not having a timeline is disappointing especially when my trial expires very shortly !! Doesn't feel right to have to purchase a subscription with such an annoying bug without a defined timeline for te fix...Any further update therefore appreciated.
  • GRiMLoCK1970GRiMLoCK1970 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited October 11
    It's dissapointing, all users are infected with this frustrating bug. It should not be such hassle to push a small update to fix this, and users will ease down. I'd like to vote for a quick response and update. Thanks.
  • GonzalezmiGonzalezmi Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Using app with Carplay and the new release 15 of IOS, when the app gives a vocal indication, the volume of the radio/music/… is lowered, but when the indication finishes the volume level remains low. I must to disconnect from Carplay and reconnect to recover the correct volume.
    My car is a Mitsubishi Oulander PHEV (2019)
  • rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,211 [Exalted Pioneer]
    known issue
  • gvlieropgvlierop Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    known issue

Also known by TomTom ? ;)
  • gvlieropgvlierop Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]

Almost one week has passed now.... No news?
    Workaround is definately to open the audio app, pause it, wait a second and then start it. Or just mute Tomtom. I just had 15.0.2 iOS and it didn't make a change, so it's definately something in the app.
  • AdammacAdammac Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same problem here. I’ve stopped using tomtom for the moment due to this bug, and switched to apple maps.

Any news on this? I'm really considering switching to another app. I'd like to hear what is going to happen. Thank you.

• MudweaselMudweasel Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Really need an update. This is dragging on a bit and is very frustrating.

On one of my cars, when the volume reduces, it stays reduced and turning the cars volume knob only adjusts the nav volume, not the music source. However, in my other car, the normal volume does return… but only after a prolonged time.

This issue, along with the almost constant Loading App issue is really making me think about moving away from this app… frustrating as I’ve not long signed up for a subscription!
  • Gerro77Gerro77 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Same problem here. It’s very frustrating, this make the app unusefull.
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    Today we started rolling out version 2.8 with fixes to volume issues in Apple CarPlay. The rollout will reach 100% over the period of one week.
  • Max063Max063 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks I Just installed the update, I will try it on my way back home from work !
    Hopefully it is solved
  • Max063Max063 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I tried it on my way back home en the problem with the volume is solved!!
  • Gerro77Gerro77 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Fixed
  • Goliath2000Goliath2000 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The issue is partially fixed. I still get sometimes low volume but not all the time as it was before. And another issue that still has not been fixed is when the app is loaded. It hangs and need to be killed otherwise it will just freeze on loading. I’m using 2.8 with iOS 15.0.2
  • RJDRJD Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Fixed for me, app version 2.8 iOS 15.1
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0