New software version 21.300.0003 for GO Discover and GO Expert available for download

VikramK
VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,787
edited January 30 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi all,

We've released a new software v21.300.0003 for the GO Discover and GO Expert devices, and it's available for download now!

Release notes:

Bug fixes and improvements-

We fixed the error message, "cannot update maps? Delete unused maps" when trying to update individual countries.

With this release, we also included the "Update all" button, which replaces the '3 dots' button.

xpwfh9pceoos.png

Drive safe! :D

Thanks, Vikram.

Comments

• Bpnav6250
    Bpnav6250 Registered Users Posts: 23
    Legendary Explorer
    I hope with this update my "expert 7" will not freeze - - >> Black screen-->> restart when I try to search / access menu. Also I'm hopping "my route" will be still there when I open the "expert". Most of the time, I unplug my device without finishing my trip(without arriving to destinations). Next day when I plug in my old route disappear and I have to imput destination again. Not happening all the time, but it starts to be very annoying!
  • benb1202
    benb1202 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Hi Vikram. Hope your doing well just wanted to ask why is there no support for custom poi files on the new go expert I purchased this satnav and returned the same day because it was lacking this feature which makes it useless to the majority of truckers. It isn't hard to add custom poi's to the system so why haven't you it would make it 100 times better and me and my work colleagues are waiting to purchase this device but as it lacks custom poi's therefore renders it useless. Will you be adding this soon as the older generation tomtoms are not suitable for work in big cities.
  • jfroggyj
    jfroggyj Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    hopefully its more then that 1 bug improvement. ?
  • Bpnav6250
    Bpnav6250 Registered Users Posts: 23
    Legendary Explorer
    Nothing changed for me after this update... Same problems writen earlier... Disappointing...
  • jeu38
    jeu38 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    edited October 2021
    The zoom function again does not work reliably with this version .
    How many versions has Coolblue not used in the last 2 months?
    I count at least 4 already.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)
  • CobaltSteer
    CobaltSteer Registered Users Posts: 12
    Legendary Explorer
    Nsyrad wrote: »
    I agree with these comments, no current time displayed, no custom POI's. It looks like we are going backwards. This is meant to be a top of the range product, useful features have been removed, and pointless ones added, please listen to us.

Completly agree.

Coming from the 6250 the Go Expert is a step backwards for an HGV Driver. Yes it is quicker, but no custom POI's ???

With the 6250 I have loaded in all bridge heights using custom POI's, so I can see in seconds if a road is safe to go down when zooming out. You cannot view bridge heights on the GO EXPERT by zooming out.

So many times a road/motorway is shut, TomTom does not see the closure, and you have to scan for a new route quickly, as the SATNAV is trying to get you to go back to a road that is closed.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    So many times a road/motorway is shut, TomTom does not see the closure, and you have to scan for a new route quickly, as the SATNAV is trying to get you to go back to a road that is closed.
    I agree about TomTom's poor choices in feature removal. But if your TomTom does not know about a road closure note there is an "avoid blocked road" function available when you press the 3 dots for the menu on the right during a route..

• CobaltSteer
    CobaltSteer Registered Users Posts: 12
    Legendary Explorer
    big wrote: »
    I agree about TomTom's poor choices in feature removal. But if your TomTom does not know about a road closure note there is an "avoid blocked road" function available when you press the 3 dots for the menu on the right during a route..

Yes but this is not fool proof.

On using this, I have had before, the GO Expert plots a new course, down a road that is even labeled 'Unsutiable for HGV's'.

Yes obvisuosly you pre plan ( and you do not blindly go down any road ), but baring in mind I was in a 16ft 2" Trailer, that 'road' would have destroyed the trailer. But you do not always have the luxury of being able to stop there and then to scan for a new route.

It would be nice to be able to choose to custom POI's, after all, we pay enough money for the product, why then go out of your way to alienate your loyal customers.

Only time will tell how that decision goes.
  • silverfoxray
    silverfoxray Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    H Vikramk, youu say that there is a new software update does this get downloaded automatically?
    I hate to admit it but I am disappointed with my new Go Discover, the Go 1005 although a smaller screen is far superior in my estimation.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,417
    Revered Voyager
    @silverfoxray
    No, the update is not downloaded automatically, you have to go to settings and then update.
  • Stefan19881
    Stefan19881 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    my TomTom GO Expert 7 just keeps freezing. please fix this fast. allmost unusable. maybe i just need a refund and go with garmin :(
  • Pete_jb
    Pete_jb Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I must say i am very disappointed with my 7” go discover. Compared with my go premium with built in sim
  • lyndon1230
    lyndon1230 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    As I’ve stated in another post, the maps on the go discover are way behind older devices. How can a “new” product have old maps?
  • msucitroencx
    msucitroencx Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited November 2021
    I see updates available. If you tap on the map updates, no maps to be updated are displayed?

Mod edit: Machine translated (German)
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    @msucitroencx Maps can only be downloaded via WiFi. If you are connecting to your computer then you will be told updates are available but there will be none to download. Once you connect via WiFi the download/update button will show.
  • Lorenzocava74
    Lorenzocava74 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited December 2021
    Will there be an update to include personal POIs on discover in the future?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)
  • RonTomtom
    RonTomtom Northeast UKRegistered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    I too bought a GO Expert 6 for caravanning but it's useless unless I can install all my custom POIs for sites and places across Europe that I've created over years. I kept it believing that TomTom would add the feature but now wish I'd returned it for a refund as I'll continue to use my existing PND. Being able to install personal POI files is a must have feature for me and I agree with all the previous comments. I've been a loyal TomTom user for years now but this latest version is a backward step and unless this feature gets added soon I'll be switching to an alternative brand.
  • SPARFFR
    SPARFFR Bedfordshire Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I have had my Tomtom go expert for a few months. I am getting a lot of stupid routes because it thinks there are weight restrictions on the route. Main roads like th A1, North Circular A406 and Watford ring roads etc.
    I keep reporting them but nothing ever changes with my weekly map update. Even though Tomtom says its fixed on mapshare!
    zcaw45gilbl5.jpg
    u2mv07rjqzwr.jpg
    6xg4du3aciss.jpg
    dnsigneo4pve.jpg
    u5hukvnpkpsd.jpg
  • RonTomtom
    RonTomtom Northeast UKRegistered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    When are Tomtom going to add the facility to install personal POI group files and also delete unwanted built-in groups like those for USA. It would be logical to only have built-in POI groups associated with the installed maps. I've had my GO Truck Expert for months now but not using it as I need to install my personal POI group files that I use all the time. I regret buying it now, a complete waste of money and will be the last TomTom I ever buy unless this gets fixed.
  • Ventci
    Ventci Registered Users Posts: 21
    Master Explorer
    Too bad I didn't know that from Innsbruck to enter Germany I had to go through Swiss. The same goes for Besancon-Aosta