What type of battery is in the GO Discover 7? — TomTom Community

What type of battery is in the GO Discover 7?

andrewnotandyandrewnotandy Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
Previous satnav batteries have not lasted as well as they should and age badly compared to other battery tech like phones. Has TomTom upgraded this area. Don't want to upgrade to Satnav with the same issue.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi @anderwnotandy

The battery life depending on the brightness settings is available under device specifications on our webshop

ahuuqlfgy4hx.png

7" - 3.7V-2400mAh Li-Polymer battery
    6" & 5" -3.7V-1100mAh Li-Polymer battery

It's highly recommended that the device is connected to a charging point in the car when driving. And it's equally important that you use the supplied charging cable, which is designed especially to supply enough power for the proper functioning of the device.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • andrewnotandyandrewnotandy Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I do connect power using the supplied cables when driving, but I have found that the battery capacity drops to practically zero far too quickly causing issues if not used for a while. Has this issue, which is on the forums, been addressed? If used in the way described, what is the expected life of the battery (in years)? - as opposed to the power capacity and duration in minutes when new. Past units have been poor in this regard, compared to mobile phones for example.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,303
    Superusers
    edited October 2
    Hi
    @andrewnotandy
    >> I do connect power using the supplied cables << when driving, but I have found that the battery capacity drops to practically zero far too quickly (Snip)
    'Ok' but are you also using the special high-rated power adapter that's supplied with the GO Discover ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM