How can I change my personal subscription to a family subscription? — TomTom Community

How can I change my personal subscription to a family subscription?

MrMMrM Posts: 160 [Revered Navigator]
Hello all,

Well, the title says it all: How can I change my personal subscription to a family subscription?

I see no option in the app itself.

Thanks, Marten

Comments

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,923 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hello,
    If it's for Android, all your family members must log in with the same credentials as your account.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 160 [Revered Navigator]
    OK, but I need to pay 5 euro's extra. So from 13 -> 18 euro's per year. How?
    Is here page with the how to's?
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,923 [Exalted Pioneer]
    For Android there is no family plan and you do not have to pay 5 euros more
    your family must log in with the same credentials that you bought the application on the play store.
  • flamingm0eflamingm0e Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Willy875 wrote: »
    For Android there is no family plan and you do not have to pay 5 euros more
    your family must log in with the same credentials that you bought the application on the play store.

It appears they have to login to the PLAY STORE with the same account you used to purchase the subscription. This is stupid. I should be able to share my subscription with my family. Installed on my wife's phone for her to come visit me this last week while I was on a trip, and it was stuck in trial mode, even though it was logged in with my TomTom account.

I'd be willing to pay a little more for a "family" subscription.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 160 [Revered Navigator]
    Buy an iPhone? No, silly, I think the family deal will come to Android as well, if successful. TomTom-moderators? Penny for your thoughts.
    MrM wrote: »
    Buy an iPhone? No, silly, I think the family deal will come to Android as well, if successful. TomTom-moderators? Penny for your thoughts.

I have an iPhone as well. The subscription on the iPhone has to go through the App Store, so even being logged into the same TomTom account, the subscription doesn't transfer.

Kind of crappy to have to have a different subscription cost on every device in the family.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,190 [Revered Voyager]
    flamingm0e wrote: »
    Kind of crappy to have to have a different subscription cost on every device in the family.
    But that is not necessary. Choose an existing Google account or create new one for the family's TomTom buy and then pay for it through that account which you will then add onto the devices of all your family members.

tgold wrote: »
    But that is not necessary. Choose an existing Google account or create new one for the family's TomTom buy and then pay for it through that account which you will then add onto the devices of all your family members.

It's MY account that has purchased it already. This used to work just fine until they changed the subscriptions.

I'm not logging into my kid's phone, or my wife's phone, with my account. I am not going to create a New account just because TomTom doesn't want to fix it.

This all used to work fine. There is no reason to have to create a new account just for ONE application subscription. I haven't had problems sharing other apps...
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,190 [Revered Voyager]
    edited September 28
    There is no reason to have to create a new account just for ONE application subscription. I haven't had problems sharing other apps...
    AFAIK the TomTom app is no different from all other apps sold through the Google Play Store - i.e. to share any paid app you need to share the Google account that paid for it.
    tgold wrote: »
    There is no reason to have to create a new account just for ONE application subscription. I haven't had problems sharing other apps...
    AFAIK the TomTom app is no different from all other apps sold through the Google Play Store - i.e. to share any paid app you need to share the Google account that paid for it.

This isn't true. I have TONS of apps shared in my FAMILY LIBRARY on Google Play Store. This has been a thing for years. My wife and son can download any app I have in the family library...which are apps I have paid for using MY account.