Why all the maps available for me are old versions? Like 8.xx version and not the latest version 10x — TomTom Community

Why all the maps available for me are old versions? Like 8.xx version and not the latest version 10x

ZeenroZeenro Posts: 18 [Novice Seeker]
Only old map versions I get when I update my device and not the latest ones..

Best Answers

Answers

• ZeenroZeenro Posts: 18 [Novice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    My TomTom is via 620
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,993 [Exalted Pioneer]
    edited September 28
    Via 620? it is rather a Go 620 that you have?
    O yeah , Go 620
    The serial is wn6182GO4553
    Accepted Answer
    Yah, please help me to get this solved
    Come back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will look at your account and assign you lifetime updates.
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks very much Sir, that's wonderful!!!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,310
    Superusers
    edited September 28
    Hi
    @Zeenro

5s6nccsodm9c.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks Sir, you too😊
    To Willy875, but the mydrive connect shows it is tomtom via 620
    Accepted Answer
    1kn9mct44j6z.jpg
    In my opinion your GPS does not have lifetime updates.
    You have to buy a map.
    It is still updatable, I did yesterday and I am doing it right now, the problem is all the map shown like Canada and Alaska, Canada and USA etc etc with INSTALL button on each map, but, they are all v8.95 and not v1075,, if it is not updatable, then why I did it and why these maps are present in my drive connect with INSTALL button?
    I believe, if your tomtom is not updatable anymore, no map is present in your mydrive connect, not even the old version map...in my maps are present and with INSTALL button, but older version..
    I mean in my drive connect, maps are present...
    Normally, a GPS with 4 GB of internal memory does not have lifetime updates waiting for the moderator's response.
    Superusers
    edited September 29
    Hi
    @Zeenro
    What is the size of the 10.75 Canada, Alaska and USA Map/s ???
    The below post is for the Europe Map... Adapt the method for Canada, Alaska and USA Map/s...

NAV3 Devices with 4 GB On-board Memory... Catch22

Tomtom devices need at least one Map installed before they will Boot-up...
    The Maps on the NAV3 devices easily fitted onto the 4 GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 4 GB limit on-board memory size on the NAV3 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The NAV3 Full Europe Map size is now 4.621 GB....

Note... If you already have the Map installed on a Micro SDHC memory card, the NAV3 device will update the Map as normal....

When you update using MyDrive Connect, you should be offered a Map Zone.....
    If you mainly travel in the UK and do not need the Full Europe Map... The Europe Zone 1 has the UK&ROI Maps....

If you require the Full Europe Map, you will need to install a 8 GB or 16 GB Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card (32 GB is the max size, but it's way over the top for 4 GB Maps)

Method... Install a Map Zone.... Zone 9 is the smallest Map Zone....
    I used Zone 1 as it also has the UK&ROI Map...

(1)... With MyDrive Connect running, click MY CONTENT menu...
    (2)... In MY MAPS... Click on the required Flag Icon (Europe)...

9wya7oj3tsrn.jpg
    1gmmg7ftpv93.jpg
    Note... You can ONLY use the above menu option....
    'Use a memory card in your device'
    If you have already installed a memory card formatted with the Tomtom propriety format....

b94ya0yjxd8i.jpg
    Follow the on-screen menu prompts to select and install the required MAP Zone....

With the Map Zone installed... The device will Boot-up and allow you to Format the Micro SDHC memory card to the Tomtom propriety format, this will allow the installation of Maps
    (3)... Format the Micro SDHC memory card to FAT32 on your PC
    (4)... Insert the Micro SDHC memory card into your NAV3 Device, the device should recognize the card and offer to format the card to the Tomtom propriety format....
    Accept the offer and format the memory card...

(5)... MyDrive Connect screen should now refresh and allow you to install the Full Europe Map onto the Memory Card....
    zan73scl2t8a.jpg
    You May need to switch to the Full Europe Map ???
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Right Cursor twice for next page
    Tap (Switch Map)
    Tap (Select the Europe Map)
    Follow on-screen prompts to exit

I suggest you do not uninstall the smaller map as it will also act as a 'Keeper'
    This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a Micro SDHC memory card
    Also, if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Yah, you are all correct, my problem is that, the map available to me is just version 8.95 and not version 10.75, .my question is, why is old version and not the latest version?
    So my issue is version of the maps and not size of the maps...why the map available to me is old version 8.95 and not the latest version 10.75
    You see here , the map version is just 8.95? While yours is 19.60?uyvevjbx43i9.jpg
    While yours is 10.60 version? And why version 8.95 only in my drive connect?
    Size is not the issue, the issue is the version of the maps...
    edited September 29
    Besides, my TomTom is via 1605tm, while my drive connect shows TomTom via 620

My serial number is WNxxxxxxxxx53

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    Superusers
    edited September 29
    Hi
    @Zeenro
    b5kke9uqfpkc.jpg
    From the above image, there appears to be 2 GB & 4 GB versions of the Via 1605 ???

Check MyDrive connect, maybe this setting is causing the device name error....
    Try...
    With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the General Tab
    Check Country (Language)
    Should be Canada (English) or Canada (Français)
    Save Settings....

I would have thought for the early NAV3 via 1605tm The 'tm' designated devices would have received lifetime Traffic & One Lifetime Map, i.e... USA & Canada... Any other maps or services would be a separate purchase ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Mine is 4gb version