Maps for different Continents — TomTom Community

Maps for different Continents

DawsyDawsy Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited September 29 in GO Discover & GO Expert
if I use my TomTom Go 7" to drive to London Heathrow, get on a plane to Boston USA, will my Go be usable in the States? Would I need to change the maps, and how would I do that in a different country?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,107
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Dawsy

Before you go you should download all the maps relevant to the part/parts of the US that you are going to you and you can add places like your hotel to your My Places list and test they work.

Once you arrive in the US once the unit has connected wi the Sats it will know its position and if you link it to you phone with a suitable data plan on it then it will get all the relevant data and provide the information as you travel.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Dawsy

Before you go you should download all the maps relevant to the part/parts of the US that you are going to you and you can add places like your hotel to your My Places list and test they work.

Once you arrive in the US once the unit has connected wi the Sats it will know its position and if you link it to you phone with a suitable data plan on it then it will get all the relevant data and provide the information as you travel.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Dawsy

One tip I would mention is that if you decide to set the Home option on the Discovery unit as the Hotel you are staying at that you remember to revert to your current Home. when you return. On one occasion after I set the Hotel our son was staying at before he travelled to the US I forgot to change it back when he returned. SHMBO was the next user and it would not direct her Home as it could not find a route across the Atlantic. 😂😂😂

Doug