Having planned a route in MyDrive, and then using the route within Go Camper device..... — TomTom Community

Having planned a route in MyDrive, and then using the route within Go Camper device.....

would traffic delays be routed around, or would the navigation device remain on the planned route?

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,916 [Exalted Pioneer]
    If the traffic jam is still present, your Go will find another route or offer you an alternative route
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,275
    Superusers
    edited September 28
    Hi
    @x7cro
    Welcome to the Site....
    Willy875 wrote: »
    If the traffic jam is still present, your Go will find another route or offer you an alternative route
    If the route is a .GPX Track NO....
    Willy875 wrote: »
    If the route is a .ITN Route, YES....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1777345/#Comment_1777345

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • x7crox7cro Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited September 29
    Thanks @YamFazMan thats a very informative answer and all makes sense. We have a caravan and I have been using the Drive app to plan routes as an HGV, as this allows me to specify the size of the car and caravan together which then selects appropriate roads. But as I am using my android phone with TomTom Go installed - this does not allow me to specify the size of vehicle ie its just car. So if I "send" an .ITN 'truck' route to GO on the phone then any alternative routes offered will be suitable for cars. So it looks like if I want this ability for alternative routes then I will have to buy the TomTom Camper unit. Cheers