Full EU map update/download failed — TomTom Community

Full EU map update/download failed

HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
Hi,

I recently wanted to update the maps on my Rider 500, and I noticed the Full EU map update failed multiple times. First i thought it is storage related, but I put a 32GB card in then re-tried to install it, what failed again.
Now I use it with Central-Europe, but would like to get full EU back.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

Comments

• HaDeSzHaDeSz Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    seems it gets stuck at 34%
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,898 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hi,
    You update via wi-fi GPS connect to a mains charger.
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Hi,

Via wifi and charger connected, and working...
    HaDeSz wrote: »
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Hi,

Via wifi and charger connected, and working...

I meant the charger working not the update... so still no luck with installing full EU map
    I still face the issue, any ideas what to do?
    So, another test is done:
    I did reset back the device to factory state, set it up again, then started the EU map download via USB.
    This time it was nicely progressing to 45% and then it jumped back to 34% and stayed there quite a while, then showed the error message... How can I actually get in touch with Tomtom support?

Thanks,
    David
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,268
    Superusers
    Hi
    @HaDeSz
    Tomtom Video....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,106
    Superuser
    Hi @HaDeSz

There are no phone lines however here is how to contact Customer Support via Chat or Message.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and at the bottom is a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
    Hi @YamFazMan,

I know how to download a map, but every attempt of "Add a map" from the device fails at the same percentage for the "Europe" map, tried both USB and wifi even with my mobile data. I even put a 32 gb card and tried to install the map on that... same results

Cheers,
    D

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,268
    Superusers
    edited October 5
    Hi
    @HaDeSz
    I was thinking more of the part of the Video where it explains how to clear the MyDrive Connect Cache to delete and re-download the Map file....

Stay Safe...ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan,

I think i found what you meant, it was in one of the next vids, but the issue is the same for wifi and usb. (by the way the PC way shown in the video is not even working for me, just tells me, i should connect the device and then use the network shared via usb the same way as wifi)

What we could figure out with support, there was a corrupted attempt on the card, what I could clear up with formatting the card in windows and then in the device too, so at least the map works from an SD already. But installing the map on the internal storage is still not confirmed, the download is still running... will update the thread when it ends.

Cheers,
    David
    edited October 8
    So i managed to solve it. The problem is in the update server and the lack of resume option in tomtom software for downloading a file. PC app logs showed there is a file download issue and gave me the exact url. I opened it in chrome and not surprising it failed to download, but i could resume from where it failed in chrome, so after a couple of retries i had a file with full content, fortunately checksum was also fine. Then I had to figure out which file is this in the MyConnect cache folder, override the content, remove the corrupted map from device, and update it using the PC app.

This is not how it should work!!!

I tried to downlad using VPN, I also asked a friend to try to download the file from another country, also failed.

Anyways, I have a working PND again, whom can I charge my hours to? :)