Device tomtom go 520 not working after update tomtom home

Mohammed1
Mohammed1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
i have a tomtom go520. using the tomtom home app i updated the satnav. Now I get a message "you cannot use this map on this device", tried reinstalling, now get a message " no maps found", please advise

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,610
    Elite Voyager
    On the new Go 520 it is in wi-fi that you have to make the updates
    if you want to use a computer, you need to download the Mydrive connect software
  • Mohammed1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi thanks for your quick reply, I have the old 520 which does not use the mydrive software. Where can I access an older map so that I can use the device once again ?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,610
    Elite Voyager
    no computer backup?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,050
    Superuser
    Hi @Mohammed1

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has looked at your problem.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,320
    Hi @Mohammed1
    Welcome to the community!
    A map has been reactivated on your TomTom account, please remove the existing map first using TomTom HOME and download a fresh version offered as updates.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Mohammed1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have a tomtom go520. using the tomtom home app I updated the satnav. Now I get a message "you cannot use this map on this device", tried reinstalling, now get a message " no maps found". Since then, Vikram has activated maps on my account but its the wrong one. I used to have UK maps only but on the account the european map is available for download. That wont fit on the device as the file is too large. Please advise
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,320
    Hi @Mohammed1
    The map of UK and ROI has been activated for your TomTom.

Could you check for updates now?

Thanks,
    Vikram
This discussion has been closed.