New version [2.7 / 2.7.1] for GO Navigation App (iPhone) - Page 2 — TomTom Discussions

New version [2.7 / 2.7.1] for GO Navigation App (iPhone)

2»

Comments

  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    nigelbbb wrote: »
    I have a Renault Kadja as a hire car at the moment. It has its own satnav built in & I didn't realise that it had CarPlay until I plugged in my iPhone to charge it when the option appeared on the touchscreen. I had used CarPlay on a previous hire car a few months ago & it's good to see the improvements so that CarPlay is more like the full TomTom experience on the iPhone.

    Agreed, a definite positive direction. But things like overheating and steer to reroute need fixed and a microphone search needs to be added so that you don’t need to stop to search. Plus the debacle with maps downloading needs fixed yesterday.

  • cordi
    cordi Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited September 2021
    Nothing but problems after the latest map update. If I want to drive to a place in Spain, for example Calpe, he will not find this city. I do get all names with streets with the name Calpe in it. When I go to map updates I see Spain. When I want to update "add" lights up, but when I tap it it doesn't work. I am a paying customer. How do I get it resolved. Should I still rely on "Google maps", or "Waze"?

    Mod edit: Machine translated from Dutch!
  • nigelbarra
    nigelbarra Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    SINCE THIS UPDATE HALF OF THE NORTH OF UNITED KINGDOM ZONE MAP IS MISSING!!!
    AND YES - I HAVE DELETED AND RE-DOWNLOADED THE MAP SEVERAL TIMES. WHAT IS GOING ON TOM-TOM?
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Ugh this seems to have gotten worse! TomTom folks- any fixes forthcoming (please)?
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 6,825
    Community Manager
    edited September 2021
    @nigelbarra
    In the app, go to menu > Maps > Add > Europe > United Kingdom. Maps of the UK you haven't downloaded yet are listed here.

    P.S.: I see this is already fixed in a different thread.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 6,825
    Community Manager
    cordi wrote: »
    Nothing but problems after the latest map update. If I want to drive to a place in Spain, for example Calpe, he will not find this city. I do get all names with streets with the name Calpe in it. When I go to map updates I see Spain. When I want to update "add" lights up, but when I tap it it doesn't work. I am a paying customer. How do I get it resolved. Should I still rely on "Google maps", or "Waze"?

    Mod edit: Machine translated from Dutch!
    Can you go to maps > Add > Europe > Spain to see if you miss a region?
  • rob.morabito
    rob.morabito Registered Users Posts: 15
    Outstanding Explorer
    In CARPLAY:
    LOADING APP...........
    .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    LOADING APP......................................................................................................................................

    OK, Waze again
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    In CARPLAY:
    LOADING APP...........
    .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    LOADING APP......................................................................................................................................

    OK, Waze again

    Ugh. Why do we put ourselves through this? When that happens (which is often1) I disconnect and reconnect my phone and it seems to help but with a premium paid app we shouldn't need to do that.
  • leypetcat
    leypetcat Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Traveler
    Using Version 2.7.1 with Apple iOS 15 (beta) and the route bar is a great improvement. Also, (fingers crossed) the map "freezing" issue has not reared its ugly head. I plan to really put this app to the test driving to Vermont next week.
  • Annelida
    Annelida Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 2021
    A disturbing experience with version 2.7.1.

    I was on the A27 at google location ref 50.847713, -1.010152, driving south. My route needed me to turn east along the Havant bypass, but the verbal direction I was given by the app was to go straight ahead, and not the correct direction (which was showing on screen via Carplay) which would have been to turn left. Consequently I was in the wrong lane, and only found my way back to the correct turn with some difficulty.

    There seems to be some difficulty generally since the 2.7 update in clarity of directions; I had a similar problem last week with the M25/ A21 interchange where verbal directions contradicted the visual guide on screen.

    Generally, I am finding pronunciation of location and street names (by the app voice Serena) to have deteriorated recently - eg 'Portsma' rather than 'Portsmouth'; this can be quite disconcerting.

    Can anyone at TT comment?

    The introduction of the route bar is great - but I wish I could edit it.
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Annelida wrote: »
    A disturbing experience with version 2.7.1.

    I was on the A27 at google location ref 50.847713, -1.010152, driving south. My route needed me to turn east along the Havant bypass, but the verbal direction I was given by the app was to go straight ahead, and not the correct direction (which was showing on screen via Carplay) which would have been to turn left. Consequently I was in the wrong lane, and only found my way back to the correct turn with some difficulty.

    There seems to be some difficulty generally since the 2.7 update in clarity of directions; I had a similar problem last week with the M25/ A21 interchange where verbal directions contradicted the visual guide on screen.

    Generally, I am finding pronunciation of location and street names (by the app voice Serena) to have deteriorated recently - eg 'Portsma' rather than 'Portsmouth'; this can be quite disconcerting.

    Can anyone at TT comment?

    The introduction of the route bar is great - but I wish I could edit it.

    Ugh! These are huge safety issues with the app!

    There are several critical issues that need fixed ASAP before adding new features!

    I’ll check today whether my voice directions match the route (in US). Thanks for sharing and sorry that happened to you!
  • Nimbus_27
    Nimbus_27 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am new to this forum but have followed it for sometime.
    I would like to confirm voice direction pronunciation have been badly affected by this up date. Also clarity in the directions as per Feckweed405's description.
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Nimbus_27 wrote: »
    I am new to this forum but have followed it for sometime.
    I would like to confirm voice direction pronunciation have been badly affected by this up date. Also clarity in the directions as per Feckweed405's description.
    Agreed. Took a small trip around my town and three times the voice just said “turn right “ or “turn left” when the turn wasn’t for several hundred yards and there were several other turns possible before the correct turn. Very concerning.
  • Fredlelieveld
    Fredlelieveld Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    After update to iphone tomtom go 2.7.1 with Skoda carplay i have problem that after first message radio mutes but does not come back.
    Was ok before this update.
  • Nimbus_27
    Nimbus_27 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler

    Following on from previous comments regarding pronunciation of destinations, I tried the Australian voice instead of Serrena and the pronunciation was much better. As a result I deleted Serrena and reinstalled it to see that improved things. Using the newly installed voice it was exactly the same as previous .
    It would be nice if TT would comment, it can't be just a few of us with this issuue.
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Nimbus_27 wrote: »
    Following on from previous comments regarding pronunciation of destinations, I tried the Australian voice instead of Serrena and the pronunciation was much better. As a result I deleted Serrena and reinstalled it to see that improved things. Using the newly installed voice it was exactly the same as previous .
    It would be nice if TT would comment, it can't be just a few of us with this issuue.

    Thanks for the tip but as you say we shouldn’t have to find crazy workarounds for critical things like voice navigation, map downloads and traffic!

  • nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 105
    Supreme Navigator
    I too can confirm that pronunciation by Serena has changed in this latest version. We live half the time in Brittany & love how Serena now pronounces Pontivy as Porn TV.😀
  • nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 105
    Supreme Navigator
    More pronunciation weirdness from Serena in this version.

    Parsons Heath = Parisons Heath
This discussion has been closed.