Can points (lat/long) be added to My Places via a microSD card? Using a Go60 — TomTom Community

Can points (lat/long) be added to My Places via a microSD card? Using a Go60

Trying to find a quick and easy way to load multiple points (up to 100) into the Go60.

Best Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,922 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    An SD card only allows you to load maps or routes.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,278
    Superusers
    edited September 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @mikey01
    You could create a .Ov2 POI Category from the Place names and the Coordinates....

Welcome to the site....
    I use the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter....
    POI Editor/Route planner....
    ITN Converter/Route planner has a huge number of Map types The Tomtom Routes Map is included, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types

ITN Converter will also export straight to.....
    Tomtom Home...
    Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Tomtom itinerary (.ITN)
    Tomtom POI (.Ov2)

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    You use the large green tick to switch between Editor (Planning) and the window with all the save/export options
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en

There is a Tomtom Map...
    4qmj3d8jk79x.jpg

ftljbjbkeifi.jpg
    I also think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps also appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,922 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    An SD card only allows you to load maps or routes.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @mikey01
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe useful....
    MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Method....
    Transfer the individual Google Map locations manually to the
    Tomtom MDW Route planner

With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running on 50/50 split screen....
    (1)... Type the location into the Google Maps Search Box and Right-click on the offered location marker
    A small window opens... Click on the displayed Coordinates... the Coordinates are now copied to the PC Clipboard
    Or
    (2)... Right-click on the Map at the required location
    (3)... A small window opens... Click on the displayed Coordinates... the Coordinates are now copied to the PC Clipboard
    (4)... On the MyDrive Web Route planner... Click on the search box....
    (5)... Using Ctrl+v Paste the Coordinates into the MDW Route planner Search box (Now Press Enter on your Keyboard) the MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location....
    Right-Click on the Icon to....
    Send Destination
    Add to MyPlaces
    Use as Starting point
    Plan Route
    If you have a Route already planned....
    Right-Click on the Icon to add a Stop

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • mikey01mikey01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply, this does not work for my case. I have coordinates stored in a database and need to upload them to the Go60 so I can use them to navigate to.
    Superusers
    edited September 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @mikey01
    You could create a .Ov2 POI Category from the Place names and the Coordinates....

Welcome to the site....
    I use the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter....
    POI Editor/Route planner....
    ITN Converter/Route planner has a huge number of Map types The Tomtom Routes Map is included, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types

ITN Converter will also export straight to.....
    Tomtom Home...
    Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Tomtom itinerary (.ITN)
    Tomtom POI (.Ov2)

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    You use the large green tick to switch between Editor (Planning) and the window with all the save/export options
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en

There is a Tomtom Map...
    4qmj3d8jk79x.jpg

ftljbjbkeifi.jpg
    I also think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps also appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM