Purchased Live services extension for Smart Car how do I enable it? — TomTom Community

Purchased Live services extension for Smart Car how do I enable it?

nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 99 [Supreme Trailblazer]
I recently bought a used Smart FourTwo which has TomTom built in. It's four years old & the Traffic Live services expired in August 2020. I just purchased LIVE Services Extension - smart - 1 year (Directly Activated) for £53.95 but I cannot figure how to enable this on my car.

I have downloaded the Smart Media Connect app for Mac & run it on my MacBook the first screen has the message "Add your first device to use with Smart Media Connect." then "How to connect:
Connect your device directly to your computer using the USB cable supplied with your device.
Switch your device on."

What USB cable do I need to connect my MacBook to my Smart car? or is there some other way of adding Live Traffic services. There is an SD card in a slot in the car & there is also a USB port that I use for charging my iPhone.

Can someone point me at the instructions for renewing Live Traffic services on the TomTom built in to a Smart car please?

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,201 [Exalted Pioneer]
    test connectivity on route when you drive
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 99 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    test connectivity on route when you drive

What does this mean? Connectivity to what?
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,926 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Willy875 wrote: »

Unfortunately that just shows me a blank screen.
    The good news is that I figured it out for myself. Your treat the SD card as though it is the TomTom device. I downloaded & installed Smart Media Connect then I took the SD card out of the car (after doing the remove SD card thing in the car) & put it into the SD reader of my MacBook. The card was recognised & updates were downloaded although this took 10-15 minutes. I updated the SD card then put it back in the car whereupon it did a software update which seemed to take hours but again was probably 10-15 minutes.

The Live Traffic that I had purchased has now been magically recognised & applied so that Live Traffic works in the car.