computer voices — TomTom Community

computer voices

Willi1612Willi1612 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
TomTom Go Premium X in Spanish language has plenty of voices, but the only computer voice MONICA which announces streets too, does not work. How could I activate this ? All contacts with TomTom were not succesful, as they are aware about this problem, but no solution yet

Best Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,989 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Coming back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will activate it if it is available.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    edited September 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Willi1612
    If the voice is already installed then customer service is correct, we have opened a ticket for computer voices not working for some devices.

Have you tried selecting a different computer voice like Serena and then switching back to the Spanish computer voice?

I will add your report to the existing ticket.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,304
    Superusers
    edited September 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Willi1612
    Your required TTS Computer Voice/s may not be available to install using the menu structure on the Wi-Fi devices, but they MAY still be available using MyDrive Connect ???
    Maybe Useful... My Workaround for Installing Voices on a Wi-Fi connected device using the Menu structure of MyDrive Connect....
    Note... In the Workaround linked below, it refers to the UK TTS Computer voices Serena and Malcolm... Substitute your countries TTS Computer Voice/s as required....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1138062/workaround-for-installing-voices-on-a-wi-fi-connected-device-using-mydrive-connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willi1612Willi1612 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello YamFazMan: I did whole procedure which you recommended. The only Spanish computer voice (Spain) is ´MONICA who keeps silent. Even after my device finished updating with download percentage countdown. I clicked botton "I GOT IT" on "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY", and opened "Updates & new items"-menu on my device without success. All taped voices are available in any language, but not even one computer voice.
    So desperate, and don´t know how to solve this at least.
    Accepted Answer
    Hello YamFazMan again: Please ignore my last message, as I finally could activate MONICA. This computer voice was indicated as "not available" on MyDriveConnect. So I tried to open it and set Updates & New items again, and got her voice on the device.
    You did a great job, and I thank you so much for it, as I was getting mad with my new "toy"
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer

Hi
    @Willi1612
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Willi1612
    Willi1612 wrote: »
    Hello YamFazMan again: Please ignore my last message, as I finally could activate MONICA. This computer voice was indicated as "not available" on MyDriveConnect. So I tried to open it and set Updates & New items again, and got her voice on the device.
    You did a great job, and I thank you so much for it, as I was getting mad with my new "toy"
    A little more Info....
    The TTS Computer Voice file >> IS << available, to install....
    i.e... MONICA (Spanish)

9inghahgepjn.jpg
    It's only the name of the 'Spoken language' that's not available....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,989 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Coming back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will activate it if it is available.
    Thanks a lot, will use other voices in meantime.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    edited September 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Willi1612
    If the voice is already installed then customer service is correct, we have opened a ticket for computer voices not working for some devices.

Have you tried selecting a different computer voice like Serena and then switching back to the Spanish computer voice?

I will add your report to the existing ticket.

Regards,
    Vikram.
    Thanks VikramK. Serena´s computer voice cannot be selected, as screen language on my device is switched into Spanish (Spain), which we only use in our cars. I tried with my German mother tongue and computer voice ANNA, who doesn´t work either. There is another computer voice shown with Mexican Spanish called PAULINA, but silent as well.
    All taped voices are working properly.
    Before I used TomTom Go 510 , and computer voices had no problem at all.
    By the way, my TomTom Go Premium X bears serial number ZT2101T00393(0) . Regards from Madrid
    Sorry being so pushy, VikramK. Just switched all conversation and choices on screen into German. Computer voices ANNA and YANNICK. Both don´t answer, only taped voices LISA and WERNER working.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Willi1612
    Your required TTS Computer Voice/s may not be available to install using the menu structure on the Wi-Fi devices, but they MAY still be available using MyDrive Connect ???
    Maybe Useful... My Workaround for Installing Voices on a Wi-Fi connected device using the Menu structure of MyDrive Connect....
    Note... In the Workaround linked below, it refers to the UK TTS Computer voices Serena and Malcolm... Substitute your countries TTS Computer Voice/s as required....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1138062/workaround-for-installing-voices-on-a-wi-fi-connected-device-using-mydrive-connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    YamFazMan: Thank you very much. I shall try this, even in this moment I am afraid not being much familiarised with that function. Will let you know if I was succesful
    Accepted Answer
    Hello YamFazMan: I did whole procedure which you recommended. The only Spanish computer voice (Spain) is ´MONICA who keeps silent. Even after my device finished updating with download percentage countdown. I clicked botton "I GOT IT" on "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY", and opened "Updates & new items"-menu on my device without success. All taped voices are available in any language, but not even one computer voice.
    So desperate, and don´t know how to solve this at least.
    Accepted Answer
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer

Hi
    @Willi1612
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Willi1612
    Willi1612 wrote: »
    A little more Info....
    The TTS Computer Voice file >> IS << available, to install....
    i.e... MONICA (Spanish)

9inghahgepjn.jpg
    It's only the name of the 'Spoken language' that's not available....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM