TomTom Go Discover not connected to PC — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Discover not connected to PC

I bought a TomTom Go Discover6. Tried to connect it to my PC, using TomTom Home and also My drive connect, because I want to upload routes.
The TomTom is not recognized on my PC. (“No navigation system connected”)
I turned off the firewall, stopped the virus scanner, no result.
Next I tried 2 other computers (laptops) no result. Made a new account in My Drive Connect, no result.
I tried several USB ports, no result. Also a reset is not working.
Next I have returned the TomTom to the shop, because maybe it was broken.
I received a new TomTom Discover, but the same problem, the PC does not recognize the TomTom.
Connection by Wi-Fi is working.
My old TomTom Go 25 is recognized immediately when I connect it to the PC.
How can I solve this problem?

Best Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 3,021 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer

Go discover is wi-fi and therefore does not need a computer to update.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,164
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ArjanKort

The GO Discover is designed to be able to work without the need to be connected to a PC for updates and maps etc . It does work with he My Drive Connect software and not the Tomtom Home software which is for the much older devices.

If you load the My Drive Connect software onto your PC and then start the Software if you then connect the GO Discover via the USB Cable, with the device not in its holder, you will get a screen saying Do it the quick way. When you connect it this way and see te above mentioned screen all you are in fact doing is using the PC 's connection to the internet as your avenue to the TT servers. When you see the screen then you use the menu options on the GO Discover to do the updating etc. Currently you can only manage maps on the device using the Wifi facility in the device to connect to your Router.

In essence if you have a reasonable Wifi facility you should only ever need to connect your unit to the PC if you have a major issue and need to Recover your device.

Doug

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 3,021 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer

Go discover is wi-fi and therefore does not need a computer to update.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,164
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ArjanKort

The GO Discover is designed to be able to work without the need to be connected to a PC for updates and maps etc . It does work with he My Drive Connect software and not the Tomtom Home software which is for the much older devices.

If you load the My Drive Connect software onto your PC and then start the Software if you then connect the GO Discover via the USB Cable, with the device not in its holder, you will get a screen saying Do it the quick way. When you connect it this way and see te above mentioned screen all you are in fact doing is using the PC 's connection to the internet as your avenue to the TT servers. When you see the screen then you use the menu options on the GO Discover to do the updating etc. Currently you can only manage maps on the device using the Wifi facility in the device to connect to your Router.

In essence if you have a reasonable Wifi facility you should only ever need to connect your unit to the PC if you have a major issue and need to Recover your device.

Doug
  • ArjanKortArjanKort Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Ok Thanks for the information.